• 01-05-2010
    guerrero101
    Locking fork mount for 15QR??
    Hello all,

I'm currently using a Rocky Mount Flytrap for a 20QR but now require some thing similar for a Fox fork with 15QR, preferably with a lock feature. 'I've searched the web and MTBR.com for one but have no luck. Has anyone found a similar product besides the Forkup.

Thanks.
  • 01-06-2010
    Hurricane Jeff
    Quote:

Originally Posted by guerrero101
    Hello all,

I'm currently using a Rocky Mount Flytrap for a 20QR but now require some thing similar for a Fox fork with 15QR, preferably with a lock feature. 'I've searched the web and MTBR.com for one but have no luck. Has anyone found a similar product besides the Forkup.

Thanks.

I know you will not find any mount for the QR15 that locks directly onto the fork. You can use a QR15 Fork Up with a cable with a loop at each end, make a noose around the downtube of the frame and the other end through the leg of the Fork Up which is locked into the locked fork mount of your rack. I custom made a few 2' long cables as described above and it works great.
  • 01-07-2010
    guerrero101
    Thanks for the idea. Might not have any other choice.
  • 08-12-2010
    Evan55
    any new products allowing 15qr locking mount? 15qr is getting popular...
  • 08-15-2010
    Hurricane Jeff
    Its not that its not a good idea, its just that the axles are dedicated by manufacturer, so a locking option is not going to be availible. See my post above, thats about your only option.