Kuat NV owners question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Kuat NV owners question

I've been looking at this rack ever since I saw it at Interbike and love the look of it. My question to you is what is the distance from the bottom of the 2" reciever hitch to the top of the rack when folded down? I have a Honda Element and have a limited space between a rack and the tailgate. Thanks for the help.
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way...turn.

mangai.rollin
    Are you trying to figure out whether or not you would have to remove the rack in order to lower the tailgate?
    '10 Ibis Mojo SL
    www.mangai-rollin.com We are hiring
    pdx mtb

mtbr member
    Yes...and no. With the rack folded down I have very little room to play with. I tried to fit the Thule T2 and I would have to trim the top of the release handle to have it not hit my tailgate. The Kuat looks promising but it looks tall when folded down.

mangai.rollin
    Any luck on figuring out the fit on your Element? I posted a request for pics from NV/Element owners on the Kuat FB page but didn't get an answer. If you get a chance to do a test fit, please post pics here and on their FB page for future Element owners.
    '10 Ibis Mojo SL
    www.mangai-rollin.com We are hiring
    pdx mtb

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Kuat NV

Finally got the rack and hitch on my new car. It is great, loven the rack and the work stand. It is really sturdy and the bike doesnt move at all, even with me driving.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by KenDobson; 01-10-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add photos
    Transition Scout Carbon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcewan13
    Any luck on figuring out the fit on your Element? I posted a request for pics from NV/Element owners on the Kuat FB page but didn't get an answer. If you get a chance to do a test fit, please post pics here and on their FB page for future Element owners.

I called Kuat and asked for some measurments directly. It looks like it will be about 4in too tall. So it looks like the NV is out. Love the look of it though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Does anyone knows if the adapter for 2 extra bikes is available.... I would like to get this rack, but I need it for 4 bikes....

Members who have read this thread: 0