Kuat customer service- Mtbr.com
    The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009

Good job! Kuat customer service

So I agonized over whether or not to pay the extra $ for a Kuat NV, and I am glad I did. I carried 2 bikes ~15k miles this past year and it never missed a beat.

However, last week I started noticing a little extra play in the hinge, so the bikes could sway a little bit side-to-side. It was just an extra few degrees, I only noticed because I was watching an idiot riding my tail in my mirrors and worried that he was going to crush my bikes.

When I looked at the hinge, I noticed that one of the hard plastic "washers" was broken in half, allowing for the additional movement. I emailed Kuat to ask for a washer and this is what they sent...

Kuats explanation was that my Rack is one of the very first generations of NV and that the piece I am holding, which goes into my hitch and holds up the actual bike carrier, was outdated and they couldn't fix it, so they just upgraded it for me to the current model.

Thanks guys at Kuat. Best looking and most functional rack I have ever used, AND phenomenal customer service!

code: mtbr2011
    i've been impressed too with their service.
    i had used our NV on a weekend trip to moab last fall, and when i got back to the shop, i turned the black knob about a half a turn too much and the rod that connects it to the silver wedge snapped.
    we were able to fix it with the new piece that the guys at kuat sent out the next day.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I agree that Kuat has great customer service. My NV was missing some parts when I got it and they sent me the missing parts quickly and were very nice. Not sure what version of NV I have.
    EE that enjoys mountain biking, currently riding a 2011 Remedy 9.8 stock :)

mtbr member
    I am in the same boat. The large silver piece that holds the lock through the folding mechanism is sloppy so the bikes can move quite a bit. Is this what you had an issue with?

Just emailed.

mtbr member
    After less then one hour I received an email and have figured out I was in the same boat as the OP. All I had to do was send a few pictures so they could confirm the issue and they are taking care of me.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by birmy
    After less then one hour I received an email and have figured out I was in the same boat as the OP. All I had to do was send a few pictures so they could confirm the issue and they are taking care of me.
    birmy- was this issue on a newer rack? I ordered the NV and 2 bike attachment from CracksandRacks on Sunday - will be delivered today. Just curious if I need to look for a 'defect' when I open the box.

Thanks,
    T3

mtbr member
    No, my rack was purchased in April 2010. It was the first one the local rep and the shop had ever seen. Your fine.

Members who have read this thread: 0