Jeep plus Sherpa- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Jeep plus Sherpa

Anyone using a Sherpa on their Wrangler ? I'm between that and the Thule T2. I like the Sherpa because of weight. My bikes are XC/trail
    Wondering how it fits with the spare tire

code: mtbr2011
    the only thing i caution about using this rack on the wrangler is making sure you have enough rear clearance for the spare tire.
    also, you will be limited opening the rear swing door with a rack like this.
    i understand your desire for a platform rack...they're good, but in our experience, spare tire racks, like the yakima spare time or thule spare me work best on the wrangler.

Old Punk
    Sep 2010
    Swagman makes an excellent spare tire mount that works perfect on my wrangler. Has a very rigid mounting design. Definitely worth a look!
    http://www.swagmanbikeracks.com/shop...me.php?cat=273

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I have a Spare Me rack on my wrangler and I hate it. The arms are too far apart for my Homegrowns. I have to play Tetris every time I load up. The rack also bobs up and down a little more than I would like.

mtbr member
    I have a Yakima hitch rack that my bike hangs on with an adapter. I also hate it. I want a platform rack. I wonder about the 1up rack

code: mtbr2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fishercat
    I have a Yakima hitch rack that my bike hangs on with an adapter. I also hate it. I want a platform rack. I wonder about the 1up rack
    if you can measure from the center of the bolt hole on your hitch out to the point where it clears the spare tire, i can help you with some measurements on the sherpa and others to make sure they will clear without an extension.

mtbr member
    okay thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by curtboroff
    Swagman makes an excellent spare tire mount that works perfect on my wrangler. Has a very rigid mounting design. Definitely worth a look!
    http://www.swagmanbikeracks.com/shop...me.php?cat=273
    I like this as it looks like I might not need an adapter to mount my mojo. can you change the angles of the brackets ?

Members who have read this thread: 0