I need ideas for a bike rack for my truck- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

I need ideas for a bike rack for my truck

I posted this on the general board before I realized there was a better place foe this so sorry for the double post and thanks for the help.
    Anyway onto my question I am new to the sport and I am getting ready to buy my first bike so I will need a rack when I go to pick it up but I don't want to buy a new rack I would rather build my own. I am currently looking for plans or ideas for a rack for two bikes. Oh I almost forgot I will be hauling the bikes around in the back of my truck (2001 1500 Chevy Silverado). Any thoughts or tips would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    May 2004

RIDE_CRASH_REPEAT
    Aug 2006
    i had a setup in a truck for years and loved it...i had a full size over the bed rails tool box...i mounted two fork mounts onto the front of it...and i made two wheel forks for right next to the mounts...i herculined it to waterproof it...i loved it...you could lock the bikes on the mounts throw all your tools or camping gear in the box and ride...unfortunatley i sold the truck with the box...all in all i think it was like 250 with the tool box....make sure you use some nice fat washers though...i mounted them on top at first and it tore the top like a can of sardines...the front is a little stronger...the best part my buddy who had an extra large bike could fit his bike on there with his disc brakes....ill try and see if i can dig up any pics

Members who have read this thread: 0