I need a good bike rack for my truck........- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

I need a good bike rack for my truck........

I have a 00' Hyundai Sante Fe GLS and I am looking for a bike rack (preferably top mount) to put on my truck. I am on a $300 dollar budget and I am looking for something durable, any suggestions?

We want... a shrubbery!
    If you're comfortable with ebay, I would say that's a great place to start. Obviously you'll have to put a fair amount of caution in every purchase ebay, but you can also find some killer deals on both brand new and slightly used equipment. Also, be sure to check online classifieds (here, although I think it's slim-pickings for racks on mtbr) or places like Craigslist. As long as your careful and ask plenty of questions, you most likely won't be burned and you should more than likely be able to get a decent rack for under the 300 bucks that you've allotted for this purchase.
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I got a yakima hitch rack that holds 4 bikes, practically brand new for sale

Who are the brain police?
    Saris is the way to go. Very nice quality and the best part is that its made of all nonrusting parts. Most other racks are made of aluminum with steel bolts, this stuff breaks down if kept exposed to the elements over time.

I bought mine on ebay for dirt cheap. Check this out.. link
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

rock stacker
    If you don't mind a hitch rack, I really like my Allen 3-bike.

http://www.allenracks.com/home.html

They are really well priced, and have all the features like tilt-down so you can open the rear gate. You can buy them here...free shipping.

http://www.bicyclebuys.com/Items01.a...=AllenCarRacks

I used to have a roof rack but I like the hitch a lot better.....much easier to load/unload, don't have to worry about overhead clearance, and can be used as a repair stand at the trailhead.

Eric
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    It's a B double-E double-R U N!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

bike racks

mmost vehicle manufactures have accesories/part dept. that can get bike racks that will fit correctly check the website for hyundia they show inside and hitch mount styles for your car.

Members who have read this thread: 0