• 03-08-2010
    RIS
    I like the sound of a Ducati 1198, especially with a full Termignoni exhaust:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blaJ5...eature=related

And bonus points for an open clutch cover.
  • 03-08-2010
    JustMtnB44
    Why couldn't you have put all these in one thread?
  • 03-09-2010
    rmccully
    Aren't there motorcycle forums that you can post in? Or superbike forums? Or other random motorsport forums? C'mon, this is getting a bit out of hand. This has absolutely nothing to do with mountain biking or helping mountain bikers choose or vehicle.

RIS, you do post a lot of valuable stuff in this subforum, but none of these recent posts qualify. How about talking about bikes (edit: bicycles, not motorbikes) in one of the other subforums?
  • 03-09-2010
    RIS
    Edited. Because when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
  • 03-09-2010
    anchskier
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RIS
    Many of us have varying interests- that's why our forum has places for those those varying interests. Things like beer, cars, motorcycles, commuting, vacations, videos, and even....gasp....GENERAL DISCUSSION, each have their own respective place.

If you don't want to read about cars and motorcycles, it might be a good idea for you to not click on the car and motorcycle section of this forum.

This is the car and BIKER forum, not motorcycle. It isn't that hard to figure out based on the general subject matter of the overall forum. This stuff might fit in "gereral discussion", but not here. It's just taking up space and as others have said, why not just keep it in one thread rather than flood the forum with multiple threads of almost the same thing?

If you don't believe me, just look at the sub-heading for this forum:

"Car & Biker (65 Viewing)
    Bike racks and Bike transportation vehicles"
  • 03-09-2010
    rmccully
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RIS
    Many of us have varying interests- that's why our forum has places for those those varying interests. Things like beer, cars, motorcycles, commuting, vacations, videos, and even....gasp....GENERAL DISCUSSION, each have their own respective place.

If you don't want to read about cars and motorcycles, it might be a good idea for you to not click on the car and motorcycle section of this forum.

Car and Biker, not Car and Motorcycle. Beer has its own subforum, and I guess isn't really biking related apart from the fact that many mountain bikers enjoy a beer or two after a ride, so it's a social component of biking. The Commuting subforum has to do with commuting by bicycle, not by train, car, motorcycle, helicopter, or any other vehicle. The Vacation forum has to do with biking vacations to places like Moab, Spain, Wales, etc, not lying on a beach or visiting Disney World. The Video section is full of, you guessed it, biking videos, not sitcoms or serial dramas or drag racing. The General Discussion section is full of general BIKING discussion, with the odd off-topic thread appearing occasionally.

The overwhelming majority of threads in every subforum has to do with bicycling. In the Car subforum people ask for vehicle advice occasionally that doesn't relate to biking specifically, and that may be expected. What you've done, however, is to populate 20% the front page of the subforum with threads that are not at all relevant to the rest of the material in the subforum. There may be a few people here interested in chatting about it, but when I want to talk about a different hobby altogether, I do it in a forum specific to that hobby.

Maybe I'm off base, but judging by the lack of responses in your "I Like" threads, it seems that most who read this subforum aren't interested either, and would perhaps prefer that other, more relevant, threads weren't pushed off the front page by a bunch of irrelevant threads. Many off-topic threads in other subforums get trashed or moved.

I've said my peace now, and I try not to post negative things on here, so I'll say no more. Recognize that I said you've made valuable contributions in other threads, but perhaps these most recent threads are out of place.
  • 03-09-2010
    cobi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RIS

• 03-09-2010
    RIS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rmccully
    Car and Biker, not Car and Motorcycle. Beer has its own subforum, and I guess isn't really biking related apart from the fact that many mountain bikers enjoy a beer or two after a ride, so it's a social component of biking. The Commuting subforum has to do with commuting by bicycle, not by train, car, motorcycle, helicopter, or any other vehicle. The Vacation forum has to do with biking vacations to places like Moab, Spain, Wales, etc, not lying on a beach or visiting Disney World. The Video section is full of, you guessed it, biking videos, not sitcoms or serial dramas or drag racing. The General Discussion section is full of general BIKING discussion, with the odd off-topic thread appearing occasionally.

The overwhelming majority of threads in every subforum has to do with bicycling. In the Car subforum people ask for vehicle advice occasionally that doesn't relate to biking specifically, and that may be expected. What you've done, however, is to populate 20% the front page of the subforum with threads that are not at all relevant to the rest of the material in the subforum. There may be a few people here interested in chatting about it, but when I want to talk about a different hobby altogether, I do it in a forum specific to that hobby.

Maybe I'm off base, but judging by the lack of responses in your "I Like" threads, it seems that most who read this subforum aren't interested either, and would perhaps prefer that other, more relevant, threads weren't pushed off the front page by a bunch of irrelevant threads. Many off-topic threads in other subforums get trashed or moved.

I've said my peace now, and I try not to post negative things on here, so I'll say no more. Recognize that I said you've made valuable contributions in other threads, but perhaps these most recent threads are out of place.

Mr. McCully, I have re-read it all, and I have come to the realization that I was wrong, and you were right. If I were going to put those types of threads ANYWHERE, General Discussion is the only possible place that they would fit. My apology.
  • 03-09-2010
    RIS
    Having said that, I guess these threads should be moved or removed.
  • 03-10-2010
    rmccully
    That's very gracious of you RIS. I just want to say again that I believe you've made valuable contributions to the forum, and don't want to totally discourage your future participation.
  • 03-12-2010
    XC Dawg
    at ease men........fellow ducati enthusiast here, whats the big deal, it's one thread, you can ignore it

typing up a multi-paragraph debate on something you could have easily overlooked is funny....especially since it DOES involve two-wheels..........when did we become as uptight as the roadies?

funny some guy posted a thread about bicycles on the Ducati Monster forum a few weeks ago and no one crucified him....turned out there were quite a few other cyclists on there as well

Also, tons of guys out there transport their mtbs using motorcycles, so moto discussions cannot be totally off-limits here, though I will concede that OP's post wasn't about bike racks
  • 03-12-2010
    anchskier
    Not quite
    Quote:

Originally Posted by XC Dawg
    at ease men........fellow ducati enthusiast here, whats the big deal, it's one thread, you can ignore it

Actually, no, it was not just one thread, it was 7 threads, all starting "I like...." and all were just posting links to youtube videos. Rather than just "ignore it" and let someone flood a message board that is totally unrelated to what he was posting, we felt it appropriate to say something. One post, yearh, I could ignore that without any problem, but when it continuing, something should be said.