I hear that train a coming - Impreza WRC 08 to debut in Greece, May 28th- Mtbr.com
    user-created

I hear that train a coming - Impreza WRC 08 to debut in Greece, May 28th

Maybe you've seen mock-ups before, but this is the real deal. Prodrive just announced the second coming of the Imp.

SWRT: Eatin' Citroens, shlttin' Fords.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/...r_new_car.html
    http://jalopnik.com/392186/new-2008-...racer-revealed
    http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk...or%20Acropolis
    Attached Images Attached Images

jrm
    mtbr member

Too bad we wont see its debut

in the US because the driver names dont end in "ie" or "y" and corporations dont run the show..

Dont get me started..

PS: that thing looks INSANE

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    Too bad we wont see its debut in the US because the driver names dont end in "ie" or "y" and corporations dont run the show..
    Oh, you've got one of them old fashioned tely-vissers, huh?

May 2008
    the 08 STI is starting to grow on me. But I don't think I will ever part with my 07 limited version.

Now if the 08 STI came right from the factory looking like this (minus the wing) I would! Thing looks great and I can't wait to see how it does.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    No way, Solberg is still racing for subby? Its been years since i've watched rally racing. Is he still the little pansy he was back in the day? I don't know if any of you saw that race where his car broke down on the final stage and he cried on the side of the road. And he had to be consoled by his team mate.. i don't recall who it was,, but i'm thinking it may have been Burns. Must have been 01 or 02. Now i know Solberg can drive, but he was such a little girl. Either way that wrx looks trick for sure. Is Speed no longer carrying WRC? Thats a shame if its true. Damn nascar and their Ricky Bobbys!

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Actually, there were quite a few drivers who've cried after luck or unluck, in Nascar, in Formula 1, and many other forms of racing.

Drivers at this level are incredibly passionate, and they are racing to prove something. Once your to a certain level, the money doesn't matter anymore, and its all about being the next greatest driver.

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by denhamcla
    Now i know Solberg can drive, but he was such a little girl.
    Petter is a drama queen. They call him "Hollywood" after all. But he's also a former world champ and he's still got a year left on his contract. Anyway, he's had a lot of bad luck the last few years, and the old car really wasn't competitive anymore. I think he'll be back up top now.

If you guys wanna watch, you can download the races here, usually within a few hours of the end of the days action. http://www.racing-underground.com/

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by denhamcla
    No way, Solberg is still racing for subby? Its been years since i've watched rally racing. Is he still the little pansy he was back in the day? I don't know if any of you saw that race where his car broke down on the final stage and he cried on the side of the road. And he had to be consoled by his team mate.. i don't recall who it was,, but i'm thinking it may have been Burns. Must have been 01 or 02. Now i know Solberg can drive, but he was such a little girl. Either way that wrx looks trick for sure. Is Speed no longer carrying WRC? Thats a shame if its true. Damn nascar and their Ricky Bobbys!
    I think you meant Carlos Sainz at Margam Park.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Hopefully this car will be better than the last version. From what I understand the race car wasn't as good as the previous years car.

Go Suby!!
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2019 Giant Anthem Advanced 1 29

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Personally, I cannot wait to see this new car in action. The last few years have been rather painful to watch as a Subie fan. (And w/ stupid SPEED dropping the WRC, it's gotten painful to just be able to watch...)

Let's hope that the new car will deal Sebastian some real losses!
    - Eric

user-created
    All dressed up for gravel. Racing starts in 10 hours!

user-created
    Meanwhile in the production class, Pastrana is still driving the same old beater. Also Toshi Arai's slightly less exotic '08.

Members who have read this thread: 0