I finally got a rack!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

I finally got a rack!

I know everyone doesn't care but I just bought a rack for my car! No more taking the wheel off my MTB or cramming my BMX in the cab! Whoooo Hoooo! I think I got a darn good deal too - 4 month old/Mint condition Saris Bones 2 for $60 (What do you think?). Now I can take both of my bikes with me! Just needed to share my excitement - Thanks for being there!

I'd also like to hear from some owners of this rack. Likes? Dislikes? Anything I should watch out for or keep an eye on? Thanks!

Dave

mtbr member
    May 2008
    i have one, and im very petuculair about my wrx's paint job. so i wipe the paint off really good, before putting the rack on, then put micro fiber towel under the 3 legs. it doesnt hook to the car as solid, but if you dont drive crazy you should have no problems.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'd be very hesitant to use the saris or any trunk rack on the wrx (even though the saris is the best of them). The WRX has thin aluminum body cladding, not the same body panels as other subarus. For this reason I wouldn't trust it with a bike attached. It will also mar the paint, it's inevitable unfortunately, I tried to protect my last car that I used the rack on, but after a while it didn't matter because it still got kind of screwed. Put the seats down and just deal with putting it in the trunk (with towels on the trunk floor/seats to keep the bike from screwing up the interior).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    seats dont fold, only the center arm rest folds down...got no choice. cept 400 dollar ugly top rack....

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Buy a trailer hitch for it.
    '08 Fisher Marlin
    Heavy Rider mod

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkyTool
    I know everyone doesn't care but I just bought a rack for my car! No more taking the wheel off my MTB or cramming my BMX in the cab! Whoooo Hoooo! I think I got a darn good deal too - 4 month old/Mint condition Saris Bones 2 for $60 (What do you think?). Now I can take both of my bikes with me! Just needed to share my excitement - Thanks for being there!

I'd also like to hear from some owners of this rack. Likes? Dislikes? Anything I should watch out for or keep an eye on? Thanks!

Dave
    you bought it used...did you check the fit guide to make sure it's safe on your car?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    yep looked at online fit guide.

Members who have read this thread: 0