Honda Element,factory bars, high roller, strudy?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Honda Element,factory bars, high roller, strudy?

Im used to using fork mounts for my Trance X, but I just got the new Element. I'd like to use the factory cross bars and 23h mighty mounts. Will this be sturdy enough ya think. The rack is rated at 75lbs. and seems to be pretty sturdy to from me trying to bend it. Trying to avoid buy a whole new base rack setup.

PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The Honda factory roof rack uses Thule Rapid Aero style accessories. Just browse Thule's website for the different accessories that are compatible with this system and you will be able to mount your bike with it.

The factory bike tray is a Thule Big Mouth tray with Honda branding on it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I found loading onto the roof of my element a hassle. I definitely prefer a hitch rack.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    For you and any other element owners on here check out elementownersclub.com Its a great forum with tons of friendly people. A bunch of bikers over there too.

As far as for my element, i've been looking at using the RockyMounts Noose SL for a roof mount, but i'll probably end up grabbing a 2" hitch and using a hitch mount. I'm 6'2" and its still a good reach up to the roof.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I've got a 2007 CRV and when I was looking at racks (just over 1 yr ago), neither Thule or Yakima had anything that worked directly with the factory mounts.

I ended up getting the factory racks (~195 CDN) + mighty mounts and 2 Yakima high rollers (~240 CDN?).

So far so good, several long trips with my old HT's and my TX 0.

Hope that helps.

*edit* I think the Element is taller as I have no probs tossing my bike up there, (6'3").

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I've read somewhere on this forum that if you use the mighty mounts there is a weight limit. I think 30 pounds but do not quote me. Check yakima's directions for the mounts.

I have an Element and found the racks that mount the bike with the tire on are REAL hard to use. I am only 5' 9". I even used longer bars on my Yak thinking it would be easier mounted further out. WRONG. Luckily I was able to exchange it for a fork mount. Still not the easiest to use but better, I didn't want to use a hitch mount. I only use the rack when going camping and the car is fulled up, so I'll live with the roof mount. But everyday on the roof would become a hassle.

I second jpeaslee, elementownersclub.com is a great forum.

Members who have read this thread: 0