Honda Del Sol- Mtbr.com

Thread: Honda Del Sol

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Honda Del Sol

I'm looking to buy a Del Sol as a commuter. (I drive about 2,000 miles / month between commuting to work and grad school). At approx 40 mpg, I will actually save money vs. my Jeep.

But, I would like to know if anyone has any experience with a bike rack on this car. A roof rack is probably out of the question, as it's a convertable. What types of trunk racks work will?
    Either you rode today, or you didn't.

mtbr member
    I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but you could go a few years older, get a CRX and have plenty of room to put a bike in back. I did this for years.

PS, the del sol was known as a CRX in the rest of the world...

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    My jeep has spoiled me...I need vehicles where the top is removable.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    A Saris Bones rack would work well on the back of a Del Sol. They're very adjustable so they can fit just about anything. I've had mine on a hatchback, sedan, and a coupe with a spoiler. Thanks to the curved arms they worked just fine with the spoiler'd car, just in case the Del Sol has one. Easy to take on and off after you've got the angle of the arms set for your vehicle, I can do the job in 5 min.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TACSTS
    A Saris Bones rack would work well on the back of a Del Sol. They're very adjustable so they can fit just about anything. I've had mine on a hatchback, sedan, and a coupe with a spoiler. Thanks to the curved arms they worked just fine with the spoiler'd car, just in case the Del Sol has one. Easy to take on and off after you've got the angle of the arms set for your vehicle, I can do the job in 5 min.
    Thanks. I haven't had any experience with racks like that, so it's great to get positive feedback on a specific model.

Members who have read this thread: 0