Hitch Rack and Tow Lights- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Hitch Rack and Tow Lights

For those that have a hitch rack that extends out substantially (2 or 4 bike hitch systems) and are worried about getting hit from behind by inattentive drivers, get a Magnetic Tow Light kit ($25 from eBay). If you have an alloy rack, just secure with bungees. It comes with a 4 pin connector so it works with your brake lights/flashers... Mine is a steel Saris rack but I secured the lights and cables with bungees anyway just in case...

I added some bungees as I don't trust the magnet alone.... I used smaller bungees to secure the extra wires (there is an extra 25 feet of wire that comes with the kit which you can easily shorten and splice)

Lost my signal...
    Cool setup - thanks for sharing that. I have a hitch mounted rack (where the bikes hang) and have had my share of lockups from behind. Extra protection would be nice.
    Redline Monocog 29er - learning the joy of SS one hill at a time

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HikerGPS
    Cool setup - thanks for sharing that. I have a hitch mounted rack (where the bikes hang) and have had my share of lockups from behind. Extra protection would be nice.
    A friend of mine told me that Harbor Freight had Tow Lights for $10...

mtbr member
    or you can get some reflective tape, i use the type of reflective u find on mailing trucks

on my Sportrack
    RH SL Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0