Hitch Rack and Tow Lights

Printable View

• 12-02-2009
    flipnidaho
    Hitch Rack and Tow Lights
    For those that have a hitch rack that extends out substantially (2 or 4 bike hitch systems) and are worried about getting hit from behind by inattentive drivers, get a Magnetic Tow Light kit ($25 from eBay). If you have an alloy rack, just secure with bungees. It comes with a 4 pin connector so it works with your brake lights/flashers... Mine is a steel Saris rack but I secured the lights and cables with bungees anyway just in case...

I added some bungees as I don't trust the magnet alone.... I used smaller bungees to secure the extra wires (there is an extra 25 feet of wire that comes with the kit which you can easily shorten and splice)

• 12-12-2009
    HikerXJ
    Cool setup - thanks for sharing that. I have a hitch mounted rack (where the bikes hang) and have had my share of lockups from behind. Extra protection would be nice.
  • 12-12-2009
    flipnidaho
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HikerGPS
    Cool setup - thanks for sharing that. I have a hitch mounted rack (where the bikes hang) and have had my share of lockups from behind. Extra protection would be nice.

A friend of mine told me that Harbor Freight had Tow Lights for $10...
  • 12-13-2009
    louisssss
    or you can get some reflective tape, i use the type of reflective u find on mailing trucks

on my Sportrack