Hitch mount for Mazdaspeed6?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Hitch mount for Mazdaspeed6?

Can't seem to find the answer to my question in our archives or those at mazda forums, so here goes:

Has anyone here found a hitch mount that fits a Mazdaspeed6? I want to transition from a roof rack to a hitch rack but can't find an aftermarket (or factory, for that matter) option.

Any help is much appreciated.

code: mtbr2011
    year of mazda?
    is this a us model?

are you looking for a hitch or a bike rack to go into your hitch?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    2006 Mazdaspeed 6. Yup, it's a US model. They only imported them for two years ('06 and '07).

I am looking for a hitch. I'll figure out the bike rack part later...

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvio67
    2006 Mazdaspeed 6. Yup, it's a US model. They only imported them for two years ('06 and '07).

I am looking for a hitch. I'll figure out the bike rack part later...
    Check these guys, 2nd hitch down. A local hitch shop can get you the same or fabricate something as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Black Bart: thanks for trying to help, but I ran across these options a few days ago and none will fit my car. The 2nd option you refer to is for the Mazda 6 wagon.

Maybe I should reframe my question: since a direct fit aftermarket hitch isn't available, has anyone on this forum with a Speed 6 had a regular 6's hitch adapted to fit? If so, which brand and model did you use?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sorry I can't help with the hitch, but you have a sweet car.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214
    Sorry I can't help with the hitch, but you have a sweet car.
    Sweet indeed.

263HP 2.3L turbocharged, intercooled, DOHC inline-4 with direct fuel injection
    6-speed manual
    All-Wheel Drive

Oh, I envy those who own them. Such a damned nice car.

Hmmm, the Mazdaspeed 6 is based off of the Mazda 6. Is it that the structure of the rear is different because of AWD? If yes, I hope you find a solution to that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    274 hp / 280 lb-ft torque in 2006 but who's counting?

Yea, the undercarriage and routing of the exhaust are different from the regular 6, partly beacuse of the AWD system (rear transfer case, etc).

I think I've found a local shop willing to help me out... now I just need to figure out which hitch is easiest to adapt.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Mazdaspeed6 wagon would be sitting in my driveway if they weren't so hard to find. I don't like sedans very much, but the wagon in this would be friggin sweet.

Instead I have 2 Subarus that I love just as much. I simply can't believe they didn't import/sell more of these cars. They way I see it for the price it has no peers.

Got any pics?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214
    Mazdaspeed6 wagon would be sitting in my driveway if they weren't so hard to find. I don't like sedans very much, but the wagon in this would be friggin sweet.

Instead I have 2 Subarus that I love just as much. I simply can't believe they didn't import/sell more of these cars. They way I see it for the price it has no peers.

Got any pics?
    There's no such thing as a Mazdaspeed 6 wagon. Maybe you're referring to the Mazdaspeed 3? It's a hatch with the same engine, but FWD instead.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I think they made a Mazdaspeed 6 wagon but maybe they didn't import it... or maybe I am crazy. Either way, I am surprised this didn't happen.

I am not thinking of the 3 because my brother in law has one of those... sweet too, but not as cool as the 6.

mtbr member
    do what i did with my speed3!

p.s. wanna race?

Members who have read this thread: 0