Hitch Advice needed for 2015 Nissan Altima- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Hitch Advice needed for 2015 Nissan Altima

Looking to install a hitch on a 2015 White Nissan Altima. Looking for some advice. My main concerns are

1. Looks. Its a brand new car and am worried that a hitch will look terrible. Anyone have one on a Altima? How does it look.

2. Which hitch to get? Are they all the same and function the same? Around here I can get a Uhaul, draw-tite, and probably a curt. I said earlier I want looks but I also don't want my bikes swaying.

3. My manual says no towing. Does this mean no bikes either? The no towing because the CVT transmission I guess.

4. Any problems removing the muffler heat shields and not reinstalling them? Looks like that has to be done

Thnaks

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by herder View Post
    2. Which hitch to get? Are they all the same and function the same? Around here I can get a Uhaul, draw-tite, and probably a curt. I said earlier I want looks but I also don't want my bikes swaying.

3. My manual says no towing. Does this mean no bikes either? The no towing because the CVT transmission I guess.

Thnaks
    2 -- FYI Uhaul, Draw-tite and Hidden Hitch are all the same.

3 -- No towing with the CVT is probably right... hitch rack should be just fine though.
    --------------

[WTB] 1987 Cannondale SM800, 20", Pink with airbrushed graphics.

Workin for the weekend!
    I never understood how a hitch could "look terrible" unless you were driving a Ferrari or a McLaren. The Altima shouldn't have a centre exit exhaust or rear diffuser aerodynamics to interfere with... You can likely see the muffler cans poking out from under the body work, not sure if you consider that attractive or not. A hitch simply bolts up to the frame rails and tucks under the plastic as tight as possible.

Unless you want to pay a few hundred extra for something custom, you're kinda stuck with what's out there...

Alternate ideas - Roof Racks or Trunk Mounts are 10x uglier than that little receiver that pretty much disappears behind the car.
    Todd :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by -Todd- View Post
    I never understood how a hitch could "look terrible" unless you were driving a Ferrari or a McLaren.

The U-haul/Draw-tite/Hidden Hitch doesn't look that bad from the pics on e-trailer

FWIW, I re-painted mine with rustolium satin black before installation on my Fiesta...

one because hitches are always seem to be beat up during shipping,
    two for extra corrosion protection and,
    three because the gloss black is a little too shiny for my taste.

Hitch Advice needed for 2015 Nissan Altima-60873_2015%7Enissan%7Ealtima_6_1000.jpg
    --------------

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Just noticed the Hidden Hitch/ Draw Tite are the same hitch but the curt is different. The hidden hitch does look a little better as its further into the vehicle.

The difference are the draw tite/ hidden hitch, holes are drilled into the spare wheel well. The muffler heat shields are left as is.

For the Curt the heat shields are taken off and the bolts holding the heat shield in made larger.

Is drilling normal? Would one be more secure then the other?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by herder View Post
    Is drilling normal? Would one be more secure then the other?
    I depends on what's available on the car to work with...

I would think things would be plenty strong right next the spare wheel well?

I'm not a Nissan guy... have you scoured the owner's forums for their experience?

Hitch Advice needed for 2015 Nissan Altima-60873_2015%7Enissan%7Ealtima_7_1000.jpg
    --------------