Which Hitch??- Mtbr.com

Thread: Which Hitch??

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Which Hitch??

i just put a hitch on my Scion xA. now i'm looking into racks. i'd like to carry two bikes.
    Any suggestions? i'm open minded.

thanks

-kyle

Pivoteer
    Thule T2. Hands down the best rack I have used.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

TML

May 2008

Saris Thelma

I just install the 2" 3 bikes version a week ago. It hold my 26" and my son 24" very securely on the highway. It's also one of the best looking rack I can find. Do spare another $20 for a hitch lock.

Sep 2007
    Sorry About not getting the pics up for my hitch install on my xA

I just got the the Thule Ridgeline and it is awesome. It is easy to use and the rack is locked to the hitch, while the bikes get locked to the Rack with a built in cable lock.

Thule Roadway is pretty much the same thing without a lot of the nice accessories. Just a little cheaper.

Did you get the Curt hitch? I love how it looks on my xA.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Yakima Hold Up. It folds in and up nice and small, and the dark gray color really looks good. No problems and concerns for it either.

K Lives
    Quote Originally Posted by JGill
    Yakima Hold Up. It folds in and up nice and small, and the dark gray color really looks good. No problems and concerns for it either.

where to get the hitch mount installed? any ideas? any auto mechanic?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I got my hitch from u-haul but I installed it myself. They can do it for I think $30 or so. Muffler shops can do it too. Most of the time it is a simple bolt on. Just call around to muffler shops and find your local u-haul or truck accessory shop and they can get you set up.

K Lives
    I got my hitch from u-haul but I installed it myself. They can do it for I think $30 or so. Muffler shops can do it too. Most of the time it is a simple bolt on. Just call around to muffler shops and find your local u-haul or truck accessory shop and they can get you set up.

thanks!

Sep 2007
    Scion Xa is simply a bolt on deal.

I just got done a 300 mile road trip with the Thule Ridgeline. I love the rack.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'd vote for the Swagman XC. It is similar to the Thule at a much lower price point.

Slowest Rider
    Ditto for the Yakima Holdup - fabulous new design that's simple, compact, fast, light, and zero adjustment. See my review.

I got my hitch from eTrailer.com and installed it myself. It may take an hour or two to bolt it on, but the instructions are very clear.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

Members who have read this thread: 0