Hitch for 2006 Scion xB.- Mtbr.com
    Cars Hurt.
    May 2009

Hitch for 2006 Scion xB.

Hey folks.
    I was able to get a Kuat NV for $400 so now I need to find a hitch for my car. I was looking at this model by Curt which is one of 2-3 which fit my car.
    http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...QCUR11487.html

I noticed on another site Curt says that bike carriers must be secured by straps otherwise you void their warranty. Is that something I should be concerned with. I tried to find a hitch where the center support actually penetrated the side plates but I could not. I may just be overly cautious and underestimating the strength of the small welds.

I know class 1 hitches are designed for 200 lbs loads and my rack plus bikes will only be 110 lbs max. I as just concerned about the weight being farther away having a torque effect against the car.

TLDR: Is that Curt hitch a good choice for my 2006 Scion xB and Kuat NV rack?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    If you would like to talk to someone in person, i would recommend going to your nearest U-Haul dealer. They sell/install hitches on all makes and models. That's where i got my hitch for my 2005 Honda Civic sedan. $150 2 years ago, not sure what they charge now. I installed it myself which took some cutting and time. So if you have the extra $ you could pay them to do it for you. We had trouble installing one on my fiance's Jeep Grand Cherokee and they installed it for free. My family has had 3-4 U-Haul hitches on 3-4 different vehicles and have never had a single problem once they were installed.
    2009 Gary Fisher Mako
    92' Trek 830 Antelope in restoration being turned into a commuter

Clydesdale 29er
    I got the hitches for my 2005 and 2008 Scion xB's from http://www.etrailer.com
    the install took less than 15 minutes and I have not had any trouble with either
    hitch. The 2005 is a concealed hitch and the 2008 is a normal 1-1/4" style receiver.
    MxV=Clydesdale

Members who have read this thread: 0