Help with Thule T2 on Jeep Liberty- Mtbr.com
    Pocket Pool Savant

New question here. Help with Thule T2 on Jeep Liberty

I've been rockin' the T2 for about 4 months and really love it, however, they don't make a hitch extension anymore, so I've had to take my spare tire/reciever off the jeep to run the rack.

Since Thule isn't planning on making this part, is there a good, cheap, non-wobbly extension out there? All of the ones I've seen just rely on hitch pins to secure them, making the rack that much more wobbly at the end.

Thanks
    AJ
    "Stop smirking. It's irritating" - Judge Judy

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I have a Jeep Liberty with a hitch rack but it's not a T2, it's the cheap performance version, so I'm not sure how much this will help. My rack has a threaded pin which stabilizes it pretty well but my extension uses a regular pin which I expected to increase the wobble considerably. To my surprise, it actually shaked alot less than having the rack directly attached. With that said, before actually trying it I was looking at this, to stabilize the rack:
    http://www.prolineracks.com/hitch-stabilizers.html

Faller - Expert Class
    Quote Originally Posted by mcseforsale
    I've been rockin' the T2 for about 4 months and really love it, however, they don't make a hitch extension anymore, so I've had to take my spare tire/reciever off the jeep to run the rack.

Since Thule isn't planning on making this part, is there a good, cheap, non-wobbly extension out there? All of the ones I've seen just rely on hitch pins to secure them, making the rack that much more wobbly at the end.

Thanks
    AJ
    I've been running the same rack on my Liberty with a hitch extension I found that uses the large bolt to hold it to the hitch, and the large bolt to hold the rack to the extension. I have to get a longer one though, since the extension part isn't long enough to use the vertical anti-wobble feature on the rack. At least it clears my spare though.

I'll keep poking around and send you the link if I find one.

2006 Kona Leroi

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

Pocket Pool Savant

Yeah, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by psinsyd
    I've been running the same rack on my Liberty with a hitch extension I found that uses the large bolt to hold it to the hitch, and the large bolt to hold the rack to the extension. I have to get a longer one though, since the extension part isn't long enough to use the vertical anti-wobble feature on the rack. At least it clears my spare though.

I'll keep poking around and send you the link if I find one.

I can't seem to find an extension with that bolt, like the rack has. Got any pics?

AJ
    "Stop smirking. It's irritating" - Judge Judy

mtbr member
    Bump....Any pics or anything....I'm in the same situation as the OP

Members who have read this thread: 0