HELP Please I'm in a huge bind!!!!- Mtbr.com
    pain Only Hurts for a min
    Feb 2010

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! HELP Please I'm in a huge bind!!!!

Please help!!!

okay here is the story...I just bought my first real mountain bike (Gary Fisher Mamba), The plan was to have the bike shipped to me from my local dealer...he called me and gave me a bull SXXX reason, of why he can't ship it to me anymore!!! But he said that he would give me $100 off if I could pick it up this week or next!!!

Problem with this, is that I drive a Pontiac Gran Prix and have no way of hauling it.

whats the best solution here?

Do you think I could get the bike in the back of my car somehow?
    Does both the tires on the mamba just pop off, so I could disassemble it real fast with out tools and throw it in the trunk with the seats down?

Or whats a good car rack I could buy?

thanks so much!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    both wheels off, seat post off, in the trunk...

it should fit... and since your rear seats fold you shouldnt have any problems at all...

mtbr member
    I agree... a bike gets surprisingly compact with both wheels off... you can make it work. Good luck.

The Brutally Handsome
    Wow, if this is the worst thing that ever happens to you, consider yourself lucky! First off, I would tell the dealer that if you have to pick it up then you also get to punch him in the junk because he broke his word. Then, I would do one or more of the following:

Throw the bike in the trunk . . .

Put it in the back seat . . .

Lash it to the roof . . .

Cinch it down on the hood . . .

Any way that you go about it, you can fit a bike in a small car. And I wouldn't worry about scratching it up, bring a towel and some rope and you're wildest dreams will come true!

Harshing my mellow, man..
    Jun 2008
    Fisher dealers, like most bike brands, can't ship bikes. It's in their contracts. They have to be sold built up.
    Take the wheels off and put it in your trunk with the seats folded down. Ask your saleperson to show you how to put the wheels back on, and practice it before leaving the shop.
    You'll be fine.

mtbr member
    If the back seat goes down, you may not even have to take the rear wheel off. I can easily fit a bike in my fiance's Jetta with just the front wheel off.

pain Only Hurts for a min
    Feb 2010
    thanks everyone, for the help!

I haven't picked up the bike yet...were i'm at we just got a ton of snow dumped on us, so I called the guy and told him that I was stuck and could get out so he told me that there was no rush on getting the bike hes going to hold on to it for me due to the confusions we had... so i actually don't have a rush now other than the fact that I really really want it! I'm still going to take your guys' advice and just put it in the car though, it will save me some money not having to buy a rack--> therefore i can put more accessories on the bike!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0