Help Please: Bike Rack for a Ford Mustang SRS- Mtbr.com
    Just trying not to endo..

New question here. Help Please: Bike Rack for a Ford Mustang SRS

This is a very newbie question/request for help so I do apologize if its been repeated elsewhere and I'm being a time burglar. I searched the forum but came to the realization that my car totally sucks for transporting bikes as no one seems to have one. I wonder why......

If anyone out there has any experience wtih Ford Mustangs and roof or other style racks, I would be most appreciative of suggestions of brands to look into. While I am enjoying my little road rides around my neighbourhood, I would like to get out and explore more of the area that I am in as its beautiful and there is lots of great riding to be had, even for a freaky beginner like myself. And transporting the bike might allow me to join in on some groups or something more fun then the solo adventures I've been having.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    what year is your car you can check with your ford dealer they can get roof rack that will fit correctly.

mtbr member
    I have a Saris rack for my Mustang, rarely use it. I set up my Mustang for drag racing and removed the rear seat to save weight. I can pull off the front wheel and get my road bike in the car, have to remove both wheels to get my mountain bike in.

I now have a daily driver so if you're interested in buying my roof rack shoot me and e-mail: [email protected]

the rack should fit 94-2004

mtbr member

Stang rack

Posted a reply somewhere but for life of me can't find it (newby too).

Anyway - got an '05 black Mustang GT and considered trading down for an SUV/CUV. Ford Edge and Mazda CX7 not even close to what I want, so did next best thing - put a rack on the Stang.

It's a Yakima SprocketRocket and it looks awesome and a most excellent rack. Now I have the 300 horses I *have* to have and the Shaker 1000 and it really looks great (let me know if you want to see pics). Other than a little more wind noise at 100mph (sans bike of course) it rocks.

It was either pay over $4k in taxes on new (and lesser car/SUV), or keep the beast and hit the trail any time I want. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I hate to say it but you're in trouble. There are lots of options for Mustangs, but none currently exist for the Mustang SRS.

mtbr member
    BTW - What's the Mustang SRS? Not familiar with this. I have a 2005 Mustang GT and the Yakima SprocketRocket (brand new model) is sitting on my roof and has performed flawless...and it looks pretty damn good.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    You won't believe me if I told you.

SRS is Safety Restraint System or airbag for short. Since 1994, Mustangs have "SRS" molded into the steering wheel and dash where the airbags are. Every now and then, some ******* (I'll be polite here) thinks they have a Mustang SRS. I play along since I find it extremely funny.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I would say get a hitch installed and then go with one of the new Saris Thelma wheel mount racks.
    www.treefortbikes.com Just lauched V2.0 with free shipping and low prices!

Members who have read this thread: 0