Help identifying a rack- Mtbr.com
    Digital Toast

Help identifying a rack

At the trail head the other day a guy with a Honda Element had a interior bike mounting system. It was plastic and laid flat in the back of the Element. He had a seat folded up, so the bike's fork was at the rear of the car. The rack had fork mounts on it, that adjusted with a large knob in the middle so you could move them around on the slot on the rack. It also had up right tire mounts too, that also adjusted with the large knobs. He said he got it off of ebay but I couldn't find one. It was plastic, about a inch thick, 38" in width and 10" or so deep. It was a pretty cool rack. Google turned up some bar racks that mount in the back of a xterra but that's not what I'm look'n for. I want one of these for a caravan.

tanx

Zero

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Try Thule of Sweden...they make racks for every car/truck/van ever made:

http://www.thule.com/en/US/
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Digital Toast
    Thule does have some nice racks but not the one I'm looking for. I'm going to end up building mine from scratch I'm afraid. Cheaper and more soul I guess thou.

code: mtbr2011
    i have seen a rack like this....a guy had one in the shop a long time ago. we had affixed velcro to the back of it which stuck well to the carpet of his rig.

i don't know what kind of ride you have...but this is pretty easy to replicate with some wood, ...like 1x6 (if it's for an interior mount) or 2 x 6 and a couple of fork blocks, like the yakima blockhead.

Members who have read this thread: 0