Help with hitch rack decision- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Help with hitch rack decision

I知 currently looking at the Yakima Holdup and the Kuat NV 2.0. I purchased on back order the new Stumpjumper LT. And now I need a rack to put it on. My current hardtail I just take off the front wheel and seat post. Then mount it to my homemade rack inside my xterra. I prefer to get away from all this with a hitch rack. And I知 just wondering which one would be the best fit for the bike when I知 traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    I have a 1up and love it. do not believe the hype about people saying that they just spend money to spend money when it comes to the rack. it's not a status symbol. It's an extremely well-designed rack that will last for a very long time.

I've had Yakima and Thule racks. They are all good options. The 1up a more versatile rack. You can move the bikes side to side so they don't hit each other and you can mount anything from a kid's bike to a road bike to a fat bike.

I bought the roof trays and the hitch assembly separate. It was slightly more money, but I'm able to use the trays on both the roof and the hitch. For me it was key to give both racks in one. I ended up saving hundreds of dollars and did not need to buy two racks.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by gundrted View Post
    I have a 1up and love it. do not believe the hype about people saying that they just spend money to spend money when it comes to the rack. it's not a status symbol. It's an extremely well-designed rack that will last for a very long time.

I've had Yakima and Thule racks. They are all good options. The 1up a more versatile rack. You can move the bikes side to side so they don't hit each other and you can mount anything from a kid's bike to a road bike to a fat bike.

I bought the roof trays and the hitch assembly separate. It was slightly more money, but I'm able to use the trays on both the roof and the hitch. For me it was key to give both racks in one. I ended up saving hundreds of dollars and did not need to buy two racks.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
    I値l look into this rack. But from what I just saw. It痴 about the same price as the Kuat or even the Dr Tray from Yakima. I値ol have to do my research. Thanks.

Any suggestions on security? I知 currently running a proximity sensor that I turn up to 5ft radius when I go for a ride away from my vehicle. And I知 installing front and rear dash cams apart from the bike for my own protection on the streets. So any suggestions on locking the bike up to the rack apart from the bolt and cable tricks?

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    I recently got a Kuat NV 2.0 and could not be happier with it. It was a little more expensive then some of the other racks, but the combination of functionality and aesthetics in the end were well worth the price.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Alright thanks for the help. I値l make my decision soon.

mtbr member
    For what it's worth...I've been super happy with my Thule T2 Pro for a couple years I've had it so far. Two people that I know that have the Kuat racks like mine better.
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

mtbr member
    I have the Kuat Transfer and it's great. $298 with 2 day shipping from Amazon and no tax in California, also got a Kurt receiver from Amazon, had to pay tax on that tho...

Kuat Transfer Universal 2 Bike Hitch Mount
    Last edited by patski; 05-30-2019 at 08:05 AM.