Help with finding a good mount for a 2010 Acura TSX.....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Help with finding a good mount for a 2010 Acura TSX.....

I am having a hell of a time finding a rack that I can decide on. They either look like crap, look like they will scratch the hell out of my car, or are almost as expensive as my bike.

Who make a good, rack that will not scratch the hell out of my car, hold my bike securely, and not break my bank?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Good luck with that. Not sure how expensive your bike is, but a good setup that will meet your requirements will be roughly $400-500.

You can omit all trunk mounts since they will eventually scratch up your bumper/trunk. A roof rack will scratch up the car as well unless you already have factory crossbars or gutters (which I don't think the TSX have). Your next choice is a hitch rack, which I have on my '05 TSX, but that won't be very cheap either.

My choice/setup:
    -Kuat Sherpa ~$390
    -Curt MFG hitch ~$125

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I found a site that sells bolt on hitches for the TSX. They are decent looking too. They cost about $125, they I guess I would have to buy the bike mounts that attach to the hitch for another $125 and I can be in the $250 neighborhood.

I wish I was able to afford both a car and a truck, but due to my business I have to have a car primarily.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hyrepower
    I found a site that sells bolt on hitches for the TSX. They are decent looking too. They cost about $125, they I guess I would have to buy the bike mounts that attach to the hitch for another $125 and I can be in the $250 neighborhood.

I wish I was able to afford both a car and a truck, but due to my business I have to have a car primarily.
    I installed the hitch on my TSX as well, though it is completely bolt-on, it required me to slightly enlarge a hole in the frame to fit a large washer into it. I do not know if that applies for the newer models.

Look into the Swagman hitch mount, it's a good and cheap platform mount. The reason I like the Sherpa is that it is aluminum (I keep the car under a carport so rust is a problem) and it holds down at the wheel instead of the frame. You will hate any fork mounts if you have disc brakes.

Members who have read this thread: 0