Gravity or raised wall-storage (wide handlebars!)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Gravity or raised wall-storage (wide handlebars!)

I'm looking for recommendations for a gravity-style or another wall mounted (read: not hung by a hook or two or floor stand) storage option for my cramped-for space garage.

I currently have one of these holding two bikes, but with addition of a new 29er, I need additional storage:

I tried to use the rack I currently have, but my handlebars on my 29er are even wider than on my FS bike and the arms of the rack simply don't extend far enough from the wall. I have to have it hung or raised, with the bars above the level of the cars to save space in the garage. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with either of the two Performance gravity (or similar racks):

Delta Michaelangelo

or the XPORT Bikes Aloft

Any other options?

mtbr member
    Anyone?

code: mtbr2011
    tough one....knowing the specs of the racks as they sit from the wall is key.
    there is a gravity rack that is a 4 bike rack that doesn't sit against the wall, but i'm guessing you don't have the floor space for that.
    the racor psb-2l might work well for you...even though it's a 2 bike rack, it sticks out 24" from the wall...and then folds flat when not in use. also has a nice little shelf for shoes or helmet.
    i use this at home for both our road and mountain bikes and find it to be a great value.

mtbr member
    See if a friend has a welder and make one to your exact specifications... Doesn't take too long with a MIG. Plus you can pick up metal square tubes from nearby hardware store for a pretty good price.

wawe member
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpus View Post
    or the XPORT Bikes Aloft
    I have used this one. With the optional short arms on the back of it, I've had up to six bikes hanging on it at once. 2 on the back, 4 on the front (2 on each set of arms, bikes facing opposite directions, used old tubes to pad the arms) It's also stable enough to hold a tandem on the upper arms.

Members who have read this thread: 0