Going for 2nd Yakima Roof Rack on the Suba- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Going for 2nd Yakima Roof Rack on the Suba

I have a 2001 Subaru Forester. Currently I bought a HIghroller with MightyMounts and its doing a fine job of holding my bike.

I am looking to get a 2nd rack for the roof. I didn't quite want to jump so high for the 2nd rack. I wondering if I will be at all satisfied with the Raptor or the King Cobra?

I would really prefer a fork mount, but they don't seem to go with the MightyMounts!?! I find it odd too that fork mounts are just as expensive as full mounts. Why is that?

mtbr member
    check out the RockyMounts Noose. It's not as expensive as the Yakima fork mounts and you don't need any mightymounts. Fork mounts are usually as expensive because locking quick releases are usually complex and made of stainless steel

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I know this probably is of little help to you, but I just put a Thule setup on my forester today. I am really happy with how solid it mounts to the factory roof rack.

banned
    I've got five King cobras between two cars and love em. I got rid of my Raptors because they were a pain in the a$$ and not near as stable.

mtbr member
    i was gonna get a Thule, but I could not tell at all that it would mount to the factory rack. They just did not provide enough info.

The reviews said the HighRoller was so much better than the King Cobras. They just look smoother, but by appearance, not more stable. maybe I can do that. But I will check out the Rockymounts too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I got the Raptor for my Jeep Patriot to save a few bucks, and so far I have had no problems with it. We've been out in some serious wind with two bikes mounted and the bikes held firm. Installing it myself was a piece of cake too.

Members who have read this thread: 0