Front Wheel Holder- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Front Wheel Holder

Anyone come up with something clever to hold their front wheel? I have a Rockymount in my truck bed that locks the bike by the front fork (awesome product) and the front wheel goes behind my seat. Works fine when the trails are hardpacked but I'd like something different for when the wheel is really dirty to keep it out of the cab of the truck. I don't really want it bouncing around in the bed either.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    A wheel bag will solve your problem.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zx6rpete
    Anyone come up with something clever to hold their front wheel? I have a Rockymount in my truck bed that locks the bike by the front fork (awesome product) and the front wheel goes behind my seat. Works fine when the trails are hardpacked but I'd like something different for when the wheel is really dirty to keep it out of the cab of the truck. I don't really want it bouncing around in the bed either.
    Yakima makes a "wheel fork" for just such a need. I'm sure Thule and others make a similar product.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    zx6rpete...sorry bringing up an old post

Did you come up with anything? We bring the kids along and need the space in the rear seat area.

I wish someone made a fork mount that mounted to my truck like the RM clutch.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Nope, I still put it behind the seat which sucks. Especially when I'm loaded up and need the room.

skobiken
    Jun 2009
    Tie the wheel to the side of the bed or get an Insta-gater...
    http://www.thule.com/en/US/Products/...Bed/18344.aspx

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Idea
    Tie the wheel to the side of the bed or get an Insta-gater...
    http://www.thule.com/en/US/Products/...Bed/18344.aspx
    we had 2 insta-gaters but sold them because new truck bed was to short to use them. Any pics of how you secure front wheel?
    Last edited by searayrunner; 04-15-2010 at 07:53 AM.

code: mtbr2011
    i think the rm clutch is a great product too....
    the thule bedrider is cool, because you can set it like 4" from the front of the cab and have that narrow gap to just drop your front tire in to....

so check out a ratcheting cargo bar ...they're cheap, and will do the same thing and are super sturdy....i keep one of these in my element all the time to keep my bike and fishing gear and coolers from sliding into the dog.

NMBP
    I made this magnetic mount for my 20mm front wheel. It always stays put , regardless of my idiotic driving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front Wheel Holder-p7303255-large-.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0