The Ford Flex- Mtbr.com

Thread: The Ford Flex

mtbr member

The Ford Flex

Ok so who else think that this is one sweet looking rig? never been a ford fan(drive one for work and it sucks) but this thing so awesome. Form the sounds of it ford has been doing pretty good at making better cars in the last year or so. so this might just be perfect for when I have to get a kid hauler in a couple of years. I will take mine dark blue with the white roof please.
    www.fordvehicles.com/flex/
    It's go time

person
    Congratulations!..... it only took them how many years to figure out that wagons work best and that SUV's get most everything wrong.

As for the flex, it only looks so so. Retro is ok, but aerodynamic is better. It also seems to be pretty redundant to have so many "Crossovers" (ahem wagons) in their line up, the Edge, the Taurus X and now the Flex....whats the point.
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    After all that Ford bashing check out the Ford Ka. Sorry, not for the US, because apparently we don't want 58.8 MPG "beyond urban" Ford.

I saw this car in El Paso, and it was a Mexican Rental Car that was driven over the boarder. Its a very small car, but I thought it was perfect for commuting. Looks very roomy and well designed not eh interior. Not bad for the exterior. Why carry the kitchen sink when you drive to work? Status? Why drive to work? Ride. I guess you can can an inefficient car you want, as long as you dont drive it.

The sporty version of the Ka (evil twin)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=7Guufs3mdgg

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    i think ford will be discontuing the taurus x soon and replaceing it with a normal taurus wagon.

so size wise it will be: taurus wagon < edge < flex

realy most crossovers are minivans with out sliding doors. with the class3 hitch option and awd.... i think ford might be discontuing the explorer as well....
    Last edited by crackhead; 04-23-2008 at 10:53 AM.

mtbr member

Just what the world needs

$4/gallon gas and another SUV. Talk about poor planning on Ford's part.

New Jersey
    I almost look forward to the day when gas is $6 a gallon. It will get all this crap off the road (I hope).

Baked Alaskan
    The Flex certainly looks better than that goofy Taurus X wagon Ford offers right now and I read its set to drop once the Flex in showrooms. But for a real eye opener in the Ford lineup - check out their UK site - every car they sell in Europe spanks all their offerings in the US. They're sinking fast because their lineup got whitewashed by slow changes and high gas prices - and it turns out they already have everything they need to turn things around. Ford is losing huge chunks of market share because of piss-poor leadership, not because of their cars. Look at all those Euro cars with great designs that we don't have here...
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AK Chris
    The Flex certainly looks better than that goofy Taurus X wagon Ford offers right now and I read its set to drop once the Flex in showrooms. But for a real eye opener in the Ford lineup - check out their UK site - every car they sell in Europe spanks all their offerings in the US. They're sinking fast because their lineup got whitewashed by slow changes and high gas prices - and it turns out they already have everything they need to turn things around. Ford is losing huge chunks of market share because of piss-poor leadership, not because of their cars. Look at all those Euro cars with great designs that we don't have here...
    very true, but it is not only ford but almost every other car company has far better products out side of north america.
    It's go time

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev Bubba
    $4/gallon gas and another SUV. Talk about poor planning on Ford's part.
    The flex is not an suv it is based on the same D3 platform the taurus, edge, xc70, xc90 is based on.

think of the flex as the replacement to the freestar, windstar. is it should get minivan fuel milage. Ford was looking at changing the explorer to more of an original bronco, when the redesign for the ranger arives with a quad cab. (explorer and the sport trac share the same platform) Maybe they are going to remove the explorer before 2010, bc of the horable sales latey.

also the festivia is scheduled to come back as the Verve.

Members who have read this thread: 0