FJ Cruiser- Mtbr.com

Thread: FJ Cruiser

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

FJ Cruiser

I want to get a roof rack for my FJ but am worried it might be a little difficult to get the bike on and off. Anyone have experience with roof racks on an fj or any bigger SUV?

mtbr member
    Prior to having my Northshore Rack, I hefted my 45lb bikes onto the roof of my Landcruiser! I carried around a small foldable step ladder to make it easier, but the best solution was to change to the new rack.

Buzz

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I load 16 and 24 foot ladders on my 97 Chrysler town and country van not as big as a SUV, but still pretty big. I just stand in the door frames and on the wheels if I need to.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanyRocket
    I want to get a roof rack for my FJ but am worried it might be a little difficult to get the bike on and off. Anyone have experience with roof racks on an fj or any bigger SUV?
    If you're well over 6' tall and have long arms, it might not be a problem. Personally, I'd go with a hitch rack w/bike trays.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2019 Giant Anthem Advanced 1 29

Ergon Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanyRocket
    Running a Thule set up on the Ergon FJ. It's a bit of a reach, but it can be done. We are happy with this setup as it opens up the inside for lots of product and general storage.

Jeff
    Ergon USA

Members who have read this thread: 0