Evoc Tailgate Pad and Ram 1500 w/RAMBOX- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Evoc Tailgate Pad and Ram 1500 w/RAMBOX

Anyone have the Evoc tailgate pad for a Ram 1500 with Rambox?
    https://www.evocusa.com/products/pic...lgate-pad-2015

I can't find any reviews online for that combo and want to make sure it's a good fit since the published spec says it's a little wider. I'm looking at getting a medium/large.

I like that it fits 6 bikes, but I'm open to any other brand suggestions from Rambox owners.

Thanks in advance!

Ridin Mexican Borderlines
    I don't have a Ram 1500 but I have a Silverado LS which should be a comparable sized box. I bought the EVOC tailgate pad in a Large and it fits perfectly.
    Riding Dusty Mexican Borderlines

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Given you have the ram box you will likely have to get one made for the smaller trucks. Also a consideration is that we have wide talegates at the top and your fork stanchions are going to be the part of the bike touching the pad. I had a truck pad in my previous truck and loved it but it had a lot thinner tailgate where the bikes rode on the lowers. I didnít want the sanctions to get damaged so I went a different route in the RAM. I can fit five bikes in this one. I did a lot of research to find what I wanted as I didnít want the bikes hanging off the back on a trailer hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Rustyspoke, is that a home made rack? Any additional pictures you can show us if so?

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by beerye1986 View Post
    Rustyspoke, is that a home made rack? Any additional pictures you can show us if so?

No it was made by a company in Utah, wolf bike racks. I think the website is bikefastrack.com. Overall I like that rack but there are definite improvements that I would recommend. Whom ever they have painting the racks needs to do a better job with the prep and priming. I over tightened the locking screws a bit which flexed the metal and caused a bunch of the paint to crack and chip off. I used a rust inhibitor and just painted over it with a plastidip paint. Seems to be holding up pretty well. Overall I still like the rack as it does exactly what I wanted which was keep the bikes in the bed with the tailgate up and allow the John boat to fit underneath it. It will just require a little maintenance every now and then to keep it going for a long time. Take a look at the website, and if you have any other questions I would be happy answer them or post up any additional picks.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for all of the information. I had already bought the Evoc tailgate pad before I saw the post from rustyspoke about the top of the tailgate being so wide. I ended up going with the smaller size pad and side to side it fits nicely.

The top width is definitely an issue for a tailgate pad. My short term solution is just to wrap a pool noodle around the stanchion, but I want to work on a solution that doesn't require anything to touch the stanchion for obvious reasons.

Here are a few pictures of my setup for the time being.

Evoc Tailgate Pad and Ram 1500 w/RAMBOX-2018-08-16-17.54.12.jpg
    Evoc Tailgate Pad and Ram 1500 w/RAMBOX-2018-08-16-17.53.57.jpg
    Evoc Tailgate Pad and Ram 1500 w/RAMBOX-2018-08-16-17.53.50.jpg

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the info, but the Rambox makes the bed more narrow than a regular truck bed. I went with the small/medium and that worked well for me.