Crown Vic- Mtbr.com

Thread: Crown Vic

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Crown Vic

Hey guys, trying to find a bike rack that will fit on my 2000 Crown Vic. only needs to be able to hold two bikes.

I've looked and none look like they will fit according to their fit guide...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Seems unlikely that nothing would fit. I would think all you need is the right combo of yakima towers bars, and bike mounts.

Of course, with a Crown Vic, you probably can just take off the front wheel and put your bike in the trunk.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I don't think a a 29er will fit in the trunk. I will probably try at some point .
    I saw a bunch of hitch mounts but I don't think id clear the driveway. Ill look again though...

Class Clown
    how about one of those battering rams for the front

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    Seems unlikely that nothing would fit. I would think all you need is the right combo of yakima towers bars, and bike mounts.

Of course, with a Crown Vic, you probably can just take off the front wheel and put your bike in the trunk.
    This.

The Crown Victoria is a full-size car, it's LARGE. Give it a try

user-created
    I thought for sure this thread would be about the Crown Vic on Hell's Revenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    I'm surprised that the Birkenstock-wearing, allergic to soap, lifetime college-attending, natural fiber wearing, alternate sexual orientation Obama-zombie crowd hasn't eaten you alive for not posting about some foreign made enviro-nazi "look at me" four-wheeled token of simulated transportation.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    I thought for sure this thread would be about the Crown Vic on Hell's Revenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwPXEeJ3aI

HAha, saw that the other day, thats awesome.

mtbr member
    I have a Grand Marquis (same as a crown vic). I can fit a 26" bike in the trunk with the front wheel off.

It's an awesome car.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I went on Thule's site and they have 5 trunk-mount options that will work. Were you looking for roof mount instead?

You really can't speak ill about those cars. They have been in production so long they are virtually bulletproof in terms of reliability at this point.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have a Lincoln Mark VIII. Similar car but two doors. Bought a Hollywod trunk rack for three bikes (to haul 1 or 2 at a time) for cheap on amazon.com. The straps are a pain at times but it works fine. I can't imagine it not working on the Vic. But sometimes certain years are odd.
    2010 GF X-Caliber
    2010 Trek 2.3
    1997 Ventana ECDM (tandem)
    1996 Mantis Pro Floater

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Jared, I was looking on amazon while at work and was lookinng for cheap ones, but didn't know what manufacturers were good. I eventually did find a few that state they would fit.

AverageWhiteGuy, I have a 29er, and just the length of the frame would predispose the bike not to fit in the trunk, even minus the front wheel. now maybe if i took the back wheel and front wheel off i could fit it....

Thanks for the replys guys, i'll look at thule's site later tonight as that was one i dont think I looked at the other day.

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mgreene
    I have a Lincoln Mark VIII. Similar car but two doors. Bought a Hollywod trunk rack for three bikes (to haul 1 or 2 at a time) for cheap on amazon.com. The straps are a pain at times but it works fine. I can't imagine it not working on the Vic. But sometimes certain years are odd.
    The unibody Mark VIII is much more closely related to the Pinto than to the Crown Vic. Seriously.

Once you bridge the gap between the Pinto to the Fairmont in '78, it's pretty easy to trace the evolution of the car all the way down to the Mark VIII:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fox_platform#Vehicles

The Crown Vic has always been a full perimeter frame car, and is related in no way to the Mark VII.
    Last edited by RIS; 04-02-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Never trust a fart
    Using the fit guides for Thule and Saris. Here is whats avail in trunk racks. Plenty of options.

If going roof rack, then its a custom job.

Thule

9001 Raceway 2 bike
    910XT Passage 2 bike
    9003 Raceway Platform 2 bike
    9006 Gateway 2 bike
    9009 Archway 2 bike

Saris

Sentinel 3 bike
    Sentinel 2 bike
    Guardian 2 bike.

banned
    Crown Vic? Should have gone for the Town Car! Plenty of room for multiple bikes in those enormous trunks.

Is the Crown Vic's trunk really that small?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Virulent Clown View Post
    [FONT="Georgia"]Crown Vic? Should have gone for the Town Car! Plenty of room for multiple bikes in those enormous trunks.

Is the Crown Vic's trunk really that small?
    Its the same car. Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, and Townd car all the same. The Mark VII is actually more closely related to a mustang, has a 4.6 too. Only its aluminum and a 4 valve i believe

Members who have read this thread: 0