Compliments to Thule

Printable View

• 10-27-2009
    LarryFahn
    Compliments to Thule
    I've used the T2 rack for about 3-4 years and owned the Sportworks version before it. The simplicity makes it quick and easy to use. The only issue I had was that the hook that holds the front wheel in place was rusting close to the plastic handle on both of the racks. Well yesterday as I mounted the bike, I pushed down on the hook and it seemed it was close to secure, but then went down 3 more clicks. As I walked around the truck, I noticed that the hook was bent outward. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the metal part of the hook had cracked and only half the metal was holding.

I **figured** I'd have to call up CS and tell them what happened and I'd be blamed or something. OR- I'd need to send in the broken part for further inspection. OR- I'd have to go to the LBS and let them look at it and then wait...

But instead it took one call and about 5 minutes of time! I told the woman what year it was and what the problem was. She then asked if the other hook was OK. I told her the paint bubbled and some rust was present, but it didn't break yet. She said it wasn't a problem and that she was sending not one, but 2 new hooks at no charge!:thumbsup: Awesome!

Too bad not everyone was like that, Huh? ttyl, Fahn
  • 10-29-2009
    LarryFahn
    The new parts are here already! Fahn
  • 10-29-2009
    xls
    Wow, that's great. I just bought that rack.
  • 10-30-2009
    BradT
    Nice to hear of a company that stands behind their product. Glad I bought one too! :thumbsup:
  • 10-30-2009
    Cayenne_Pepa
    I agree...Thule is the bomb. I told them my 822 BedRider rack(bought second-hand) was missing an extra key and pinned Allen wrench, and they expedited a pair of new keys and a tool no charge.

They are getting ALL my future business!
  • 03-04-2010
    Crankenator
    You had a very different experience with them than I did...hopefully they've improved their service! The first time, I had to fax a copy of the paperwork that came with my '07 T2 because the man on the phone insisted that it only had a 2 year warranty (odd, since the paperwork stated lifetime and according to their website they began the lifetime warranty in 2006). After 2 months, I got my replacement part. Second time, same part, there was no question about warranty, but it took them almost 3 months to ship it out and they told both me and the lbs FOUR times that it was already shipped.

I'm sure I'll need that part again until they change the design...hopefully I'll get the same great service you did. In the meantime, I'm going to need to treat and refinish the crossbars before they rust through completely. :)