Cobalt hitch mount?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Cobalt hitch mount?

Just found this site and was hoping to get some feedback. I got a used yakima (sp?) 2 bike hitch mount bike rack when i bought my bike from a friend. I used it all last year with my yukon and it worked great, this year i bought a 2010 cobalt. I was hoping to use the same rack, i was thinking of a roof mount, but i drive alot and dont really want to sacrifice the gas milage loss, and was thinking of a trunk mount but was concerned about rubbing, or scratching of the paint from it mounting on the trunk.

My question is do any of you have a hitch mount on your cobalt, possibly with pictures? or should i go for the trunk mount? The bike rack has a 2inch hitch reciever built in that id like to use but could weld something up to adapt it to the 1 1/4 reciever i think they might come with.

Thanks for the advice guys!!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    for what its worth, i just checked the bike rack and its a yakima getaway. I also just looked and saw that noone makes a 2inch hitch reciever for the cobalt so i would have to cut the 2inch reciever off the rack and weld on a 1 1/4inch reciever.

are these good bike racks?

thecentralscrutinizer
    I saw a Cobalt with a hitch on it the other day, 1.25", and it didn't look bad. All you could see was the receiver. I would stay away from trunk mounts racks for the reason you mentioned. You can get a step-down adapter for the rack at Lowes, Tractor Supply, or similar place.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2019 Giant Anthem Advanced 1 29

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have a draw tite reciever for my cobalt its 1.25". They don't make a 2" for it. I really like it. I have a two bike platform rack and it works very very well. I can put the rack on in 30 secs. It doesnt hurt the paint or stay on my car after I finish riding. You can barely even see the hitch under the car. I installed it myself in about an hour. Buy one, you wont regret it! I bought mine from etrailer.com, $100. Shipped really fast.
    Life is good

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the replys, any chance u have some pictures with the platform rack on the car?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I would but for some reason I can't upload pics that were taken on my iPhone. I'll send some to your email if you want
    Life is good

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thats perfect [email protected]

Members who have read this thread: 0