Chrysler Magic Wagon Owners- Mtbr.com
    PSYCHOLUST

Chrysler Magic Wagon Owners

In a current ad for the Chrysler Magic Wagon on TV there are two guys with dirty faces who appear to be coming back from riding mountain bikes.
    They are , of course, in a Chrysler Magic Wagon.

" I guess this makes us a couple of Soccer Moms" Says the guy in the passenger seat.

My Question is this:

Can you REALLY get two FULLY ASSEMBLED mountain Bikes in the back.?

It appears that the rear seats are folded down and one bike is facing forward, the other backward, but both have their wheels installed.

Village Dirtbag
    WTF is a magic wagon? The Chrysler Town & Country minivan? The PT Cruiser? Those are the only two full-length-roof vehicles in their lineup.

The minivan, with seats removed/folded will take several fully assembled bikes. The PT won't.
    Last edited by @dam; 10-04-2010 at 06:03 PM.

PSYCHOLUST
    as much as I appreciate the answer to my question, asking " WTF is a MAGIC WAGON ?" is a bit much,

for the 25 years it took Chrysler corp. to actually build and sell 13 MILLION of them with names like Grand Caravan and Town & Country and Voyager they did, for the majority of those 25 years refer to the model as a MAGIC WAGON in their marketing,

WTF were you doing for the last 25 years

Cthulhu fhtagn
    ive never heard of a magic wagon either so wtf dude!

Digital Toast

Actually...four bikes and gear and I'm glad they gave up the Magic Wagon campaign.

So does this make my Mazda 5 a Micro Magic Wagon?

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by scyule
    In a current ad for the Chrysler Magic Wagon on TV there are two guys with dirty faces who appear to be coming back from riding mountain bikes.
    They are , of course, in a Chrysler Magic Wagon.

" I guess this makes us a couple of Soccer Moms" Says the guy in the passenger seat.

My Question is this:

Can you REALLY get two FULLY ASSEMBLED mountain Bikes in the back.?

It appears that the rear seats are folded down and one bike is facing forward, the other backward, but both have their wheels installed.
    With the interior height and the Stow-n-go seating in the Chrysler minivans, it wouldn't surprise me at all if you can get to MTB's (17-18") in there with the wheels on.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager
    ive never heard of a magic wagon either so wtf dude!
    Same here. My dad had a Caravan, and I still had no idea what he was talking about
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

Village Dirtbag
    Oh good- I'm glad I'm not the only one who has never heard of it. I searched YouTube and only found a 15 year old Canadian commercial calling it the "Magic Wagon", so perhaps it was a Canada-only marketing push. So, in answer to WTF I've been doing for the past 25 years: Not watching Canadian TV commericals.

It's still not the name of the car though. It'd be like asking for a Chevrolet Rock when you're asking about their full-size pickup (like a rock), or a Subaru Sports Utility Wagon, which used to be the marketing phrase for the original, mid-90's Legacy Outback, but accurately describes about half their lineup.

Anyway though, minivans of any make- not just the Chrysler, are outstanding gear haulers and road trip vehicles. Fully assembled bikes are no problem with the third row folded and second row removed. Extended-length vans might even be able to hold a bike with the middle row in. Room for lots of other gear, too, and mpg is usually good for such spacious vehicles.

The downside is you're stuck driving some of the least engaging vehicles on the market and you have the mommy-mobile image. If I were to buy a minivan, it'd probably be a Honda Odyssey. They're the best handling and looking.
    Last edited by @dam; 10-04-2010 at 09:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I rented a Dodge Caravan on a recent AZ trip. Three bikes (two FS one HT), three dudes (all of 180 lbs or more) and all our luggage and gear. We were comfortable. None of the bikes needed so much as the seatposts dropped, they went in on an angle but could sit straight up and down once inside. I'm now looking into buying a minivan, haven't owned a car in about four years.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    NEVER heard it called a magic van/wagon.
    It had to be some sort of Canadian promotion as mentioned....

SO I have the Grand Caravan, the longer wheelbase version (And now the only version available anymore).
    I can fit 3 26" wheeled bikes in there completely assembled. And seat the three riders as well with their gear. Also it sleeps me and my bike fine when I camp.
    Stow n go is friggin awesome IMHO.
    CDT

mtbr member
    May 2009