The Chevy Thread- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

The Chevy Thread

I've searched and searched and haven't found a previous dedicated chevy thread. So here it is. Any chevy goes. I'd even be interested in seeing other makes with Chevy engines inside. Doesn't have to be your bike hauler, just needs to be a chevy. Here's mine, and my fathers chevy, respectively

Mine: 1994 Silverado, 350 TBI, auto tranny, extended cab short bed, 6" Fabtech lift with quad shocks up front, Centerline Hellcat wheels, 35" BFG All Terrain tires, Flowmaster exhaust, just passed 116,xxx miles the other day. It's my daily driver, first vehicle that I've owned, I use it to haul bikes and get a lot of other stuff from place to place like mulch, horse manure, and lots of firewood. Very clean and little rust starting on pass. side..body damage on right from previous owner's daughter rolling it up on the side. I have yet to fix the bed but the cab is done.

Father's (I'll state what I know is done to it): 1981 Scottsdale, Lowered, Camaro tranny and steering column (converted it from 3 speed column shifter to 4 speed on the floor), 289 (I think) straight six, stepside, very little rust but needs body work done to be a show truck, enkei wheels and general tires, custom rear bumper off old isuzu truck (cut down to fit bed), air shocks in rear, gas up front I believe.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Here is one of mine on the day I picked it up from the body shop. Still haven't finished it yet.

mtbr member

She has a 383 pushing around 430hp, fully balanced Eagle rotating assembly, lunati voodoo cam, 2.02/1.60 aluminum heads, Edelbrock 750 carb, Delta 50 SS Flowmasters
    TH350 trans, built with a B&M TransPak, 1800 stall converter
    Sort of a restification project.

I like that step side, sasquatch. Good looking truck.
    I asked God for a bike, but I know he doesn't work that way so I stole a bike & asked for forgiveness.

Wrench
    Proud owner of a 1996 Chevy Tahoe with a fairly new engine, tranny, and other goodies to keep it rolling for another 300k.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    Proud owner of a 1996 Chevy Tahoe with a fairly new engine, tranny, and other goodies to keep it rolling for another 300k.
    Chevy's go forever. A friends truck had 287,xxx and still going strong and my neighbors is up in the 3xx,xxx and still did a burnout all the way up my driveway last week both are all original drivetrain too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    Chevy's go forever. A friends truck had 287,xxx and still going strong and my neighbors is up in the 3xx,xxx and still did a burnout all the way up my driveway last week both are all original drivetrain too
    My mom drove a Chevy Astrovan as a work vehicle (she's an ultrasound tech, and back in the day they had to haul their machines with them). It had the 4.3L Vortec

They sold it with 450k on the clock only because the ultrasound machine that it hauled was out of date.

My 2000 Blazer just clicked to 137k and its still going strong

mtbr member
    Yeah my parents have an astro that is a piece...but it's still going strong

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Here we go ...currently having a 2008 5.3L / 4L60E combo installed