car guys- Mtbr.com

Thread: car guys

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

car guys

This may open a can of worms but how many auto techs or auto industry people do we have out there in mtbr land?

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    used to race autcross and do a lot of touge and tarmac rally...

i love lamp
    Dec 2006

yep

Quote Originally Posted by dadat40
    This may open a can of worms but how many auto techs or auto industry people do we have out there in mtbr land?
    I race road/mtb and i'm also in the auto industry. I have a BST in automotive Technology. Do you have a question or somthing?

-j

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I wrench on my jeep ALOT....................

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    No question . I am a service manager at a ford dealer and was just wondering if anyone else was in the biz.

i love lamp
    Dec 2006
    No question . I am a service manager at a ford dealer and was just wondering if anyone else was in the biz.
    sweet.

i just sold my '95 GT 302 5spd. Hooker Headers, 2chambers Cobra R's and Nitrous... but i sold her. I needed a 4wd because i am hopefully moving up to fort collins area in feb/march. I did get an '06 ninja, i still need to go really stupid-fast somtimes!
    Niner Air9, Reba XX, XTR M980, Rotor 3D 2x10 Cranks, Bontrager RXL, FSA Kforce spost and hbar..

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    fast cars and fast bike are always good, got to drive the new shelby GT500 and it runs very good nice to see some strong stuff from the factory.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    fast cars and fast bike are always good, got to drive the new shelby GT500 and it runs very good nice to see some strong stuff from the factory.
    "nice to see some strong stuff"

Yep, hear KB hit 850+hp on the stock long block and still room to go.

They don't build them like they use too (60's-80's), I am glad they don't.

i love lamp
    Dec 2006
    yeah the cars that come factory turbo/super charged have soo much potential. With forged internals and a computer set up for boost, its amazing how much power you can make with not a whole lot more money.

My friend in college had an '04 supercharged cobra, he switched to the KB and a few small parts here and there and he was making around 750 to the RWs. That car was sick. We also had a super charged lightning that was 600+hp. (one of the lab rooms we had in college had a chassis dyno!)

I wish i had the money to get a car like that (they are hard to find used, and when you do, its pretty obvious that most of them have been driven hard)
    Niner Air9, Reba XX, XTR M980, Rotor 3D 2x10 Cranks, Bontrager RXL, FSA Kforce spost and hbar..

Mtc
    mtbr member
    I just bought an '06 Mustang GT 4 months ago...man has it killed my bike commuting
    I'm getting it back though, I kind of like leaving the car in the garage a couple days a week now.

i love lamp
    Dec 2006
    yeah its hard, i do the same with the ninja. Just think about how many miles you aren't putting on the car.

n00b
    Dec 2006
    i used to work in the garage at a vw dealer for a little over a year

mtbr member
    I work at a bmw dealership. before the cars come out. I used to get to drive them on a closed course to see what they can do. During the last class for the new X5 somebody flipped one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    That sounds like it would be fun its always scary on open roads to wind stuff out and hope no one pulls out infront of you.

Members who have read this thread: 0