Car/bike Ratio?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Car/bike Ratio?

mtbr member

Car/bike Ratio?

Anyone else's bike more $ than your car? Mine is, and I'm not really bothered by it... I actually plan on building up a monster cross Monkey.. So I'll be double bike/ less car
    Car is just a means to get to the trails!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Sort of, I have 2 bikes each worth more than my summer car.

Adding up all our bikes (my wife has 4, and I have 7), then the bikes are worth more than both our cars- '08 Civic Si and a '91 Beat (the summer car).

mtbr member
    It's better to have fun while diriving to the trails, specially those surrounded by winding roads.
    Bike: 2010 Cannondale RZ 123 - $2500 (pricetag, got it for $1700)
    Car: 2007 Civic SI - $16000
    Motorcycle: 2006 Honda 599 - $7000
    EAT : SLEEP : RIDE
    2010 Cannondale Rize 120 Three
    2011 Cannondale Bad Boy
    Flickr Set

mtbr member
    Agreed... I love to drive, and my last car (89 BMW 325IC) was LOTS of fun... but it was a "novelty car" of sorts... I dont have all the extra funds for that... I guess I'm just seeing if anyone is in my position... Weak ass car and a bike passion... If I had some extra cash right now.. I'd probably buy something bike related. Maybe my priorities are messed up?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The Beat is definitely a novelty car- mid engine, convertible, right hand drive and on summer tires that are wider than stock. The trunk (if you can call it that) is just big enough for a shoe box. Only 63 hp though but the weight is around 1600lbs so it's not that bad.

It was a pain finding any sort of rack for it but once I did, it's great fun taking it to the trail head with a bike on the back. Helps to double the amount of time having fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0