Bike Trunk Rack that will fit DH bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Bike Trunk Rack that will fit DH bike

I need a bike rack, the ones that you put on your trunk and tie down where the bike is behind the whole car. I need it to be able to fit a 2006 Specialized Big Hit FSR 1 and a Raleigh m80 Hardtail.
    Does anyone know any that will work
    Thanks

mtbr member
    hell no

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hitch mounted bike rack is the way to go. Specially if hauling a 40lbs+ bike. Trunk mounts will most likely always scratch the paint everytime you use it. Also they aren't as solid as a hitch mount bike rack is. Look into getting a hitch put on and a hitch mounted rack.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xfactor78
    Hitch mounted bike rack is the way to go. Specially if hauling a 40lbs+ bike. Trunk mounts will most likely always scratch the paint everytime you use it. Also they aren't as solid as a hitch mount bike rack is. Look into getting a hitch put on and a hitch mounted rack.

Agree, but if you're set on getting a trunk mount, just get one of those Yakima adaptors that run from the stem to the seat-post. Problem solved. ( actually have one of these from when I had a trunk rack, but have kept it for the rare occasion that I need to hang my bike from someone else's hitch or trunk-mounted rack.

BTW: the adaptor is usually around $30 and can be found at any LBS, REI, Performance, Dicks, (and probably walmart or target, but I dunno).
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -- Confucius

Members who have read this thread: 0