Bike trailer?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bike trailer?

Fat, but working on it...

Bike trailer?

I remember seeing a trailer for bikes in a magazine a few years back, but can't find it now.

Not a trailer to tow behind your bike. This was a trailer that you put your bikes on and pulled with your car. Like a jet ski trailer or something similar. From what I remember it wasn't much more expensive than it would be to build one.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I've searched but when searching for "bike" & "trailer" I get the ones that go behind bikes, or racks for trailer hitches...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmCosmo
    I remember seeing a trailer for bikes in a magazine a few years back, but can't find it now.

Not a trailer to tow behind your bike. This was a trailer that you put your bikes on and pulled with your car. Like a jet ski trailer or something similar. From what I remember it wasn't much more expensive than it would be to build one.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I've searched but when searching for "bike" & "trailer" I get the ones that go behind bikes, or racks for trailer hitches...
    Dude any solution like that is going to be too expensive.

You'd be better off buying an old trailer from someone and replacing all the old wood and cleaning up the metal then mounting a quick release system to lock your bikes into the trailer.
    Use it to haul around junk, yard debris, pick up a couch, buy a new stove, help someone move, etc when it not being used for bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    A couple of years ago, I took a 6x8 short side trailer and added fork stay holders, rails to hold the back tire (cut from aluminum channel) and attachment points for straps and it worked great.

I could put a long (15-20') cable lock through all the bikes to keep them safe while stopping for a bite.

I was able to comfortably fit 6 bikes on it and I bet I could have gotten more on if I turned the handle bars.

Just two cents worth...

Members who have read this thread: 0