Bike rack Thule 916 T2, sportworks question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Bike rack Thule 916 T2, sportworks question

Hi there,
    I am thinking of buying this Thule 916 t2 rack and was first wondering if anyone that has it can offer their opinion. Secondly, I was wondering if you guys leave the rack on the car for the entire season. Does rain damage it? If you don't just leave it attached to the car, how difficult is it attaching it to the car? Can one person do it, or do you need two people? All you comments and answers are appreciated.
    Thanks

I can't weld
    check out raxterracks.com. Good products with a similar design to the T2 and less expensive.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by avikoren1
    Hi there,
    I am thinking of buying this Thule 916 t2 rack and was first wondering if anyone that has it can offer their opinion. Secondly, I was wondering if you guys leave the rack on the car for the entire season. Does rain damage it? If you don't just leave it attached to the car, how difficult is it attaching it to the car? Can one person do it, or do you need two people? All you comments and answers are appreciated.
    Thanks

leaving it on the car......I am too afraid of someone stealing it (so buy the lock)
    Rain...........................Just keep the moving parts greased (to prevent rust)

the rack itself is awesome.....it is very easy on and off.......simple design.....great great reviews
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    I purchased my T2 ~3 weeks ago and absolutely love it. I leave it on my car (WRX wagon) all the time with no issue, it folds up and down easily if I need to load something in the rear of the vehicle. I really like the ability to fold down the rack with bikes loaded so I can access the hatch area.

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by Filapoosis
    I purchased my T2 ~3 weeks ago and absolutely love it. I leave it on my car (WRX wagon) all the time with no issue, it folds up and down easily if I need to load something in the rear of the vehicle. I really like the ability to fold down the rack with bikes loaded so I can access the hatch area.
    What kind of hitch did you get for your WRX wagon? The OEM Subaru one?

Nothing here
    Get a 2" receiver and you're good. I take mine on and off whenever I go bike. I don't want to lug around dead weight if I don't have to. Save on gas ya know. Easy to do by yourself as well.

Nothing here
    http://orsracksdirect.com/sportworks...ck-2-inch.html

Free shipping too. I used them and they had great customer service.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    What kind of hitch did you get for your WRX wagon? The OEM Subaru one?
    I got the Drawtite...it is only 1 1/4" which is the only size available for the car, but I'm only using it for the bike rack.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Another GREAT option

I spent a great deal of time looking for a new bike rack when I had to get a new truck, and I didn't want to go with a roof rack again, and I found this company.

www.swagman.net

I purchased the XC4 and have used it all summer and everyone who rides with me finds it to be a great rack. You can put your bike on it in about 1 minute, and that is if you need to make adjustments for the wheelbase.

Check it out... http://www.swagman.net/detail.php?cat=4&b=1&id=64665#

Members who have read this thread: 0