Bike rack scratches frames- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Bike rack scratches frames

The cradles on my Yakma Bighorn 4 are scratching up my bike frames. I've been thinking about wrapping the frame with rags, etc. at the contact points. Has anybody else tried this or come up with something better?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Frame patch. Its kind of like a band-aid you stick on the frame where it rubs. They come in colors and clear.

mtbr member
    Something better?
    How about the Thule T2, 1up USA, Raxter, or any of the tray style hitch racks...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have the same issues with my Bighorn rack. I usually put a soft rag around the frome at the contact points. Frame patches or gorilla tape will also work.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    When I had my Iron Horse I had this problem with the anti sway cradles on my thule 962. I cut an old tire tube down the center and ziptied it tightly to the part of the frame where the rubbing was happening. worked like a charm. Now that I have a bigger framed 29er, the rack is fine. I still want to switch to a roof rack soon though.

philcruz
    I Have The Same Problem With My Thule,ive Got A White Framed Santa Cruz And Even With A Cloth Round When Frame Is Muddy It Still Marks Frame Ive Just Put Some Helicopter Tape Round Frame Now But That Still Dosnt Look Good Lol

Members who have read this thread: 0