Bike rack for new FS Giant Anthem- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2017

Bike rack for new FS Giant Anthem

I live in Canada so my options are somewhat limited. I have not had good luck ordering online shipping from the USA or overseas. I have an Amazon account and a MEC membership.

I am looking to get a new bike rack for my new Giant Anthem 2 27.5" bike. I currently own a SoftRide Element rack but trying to get the Anthem easily on and off that is a no go. And with the dropper post, I don't think that putting on a cheeter bar between the seat and the bars will work as I don't want to distroy the dropper.

So I gather that I need to get a rack that supports the bikes by the wheels. I think i can survive with a 2 bike rack, but what one?

I looked at the Bell Rideup200, but the price jumped from $110 to $180 in the past day so I am not sure if when it will come back down.
    I looked at the SportRack Crest 2 but that jumped to the $200 mark
    I am thinking of the swagman XTC2 at #$225

am I just looking to cheep, or would any of these be an OK rack for my new bike.

I drive a crossover with a 2" trailer hitch class 2 on the back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Buzz 2 bike racks are often in $125 range on Amazon ($150 new) I paid $107, used-like new, and it was. Rack has threaded bolt for receiver, and is very secure with limited motion going up and down the road. Limited to 35 pounds/bike. https://www.amazon.com/BUZZ-Express-...9QMYN0BJE3Q6KW

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by manodpickr View Post
    Buzz 2 bike racks are often in $125 range on Amazon ($150 new) I paid $107, used-like new, and it was. Rack has threaded bolt for receiver, and is very secure with limited motion going up and down the road. Limited to 35 pounds/bike. https://www.amazon.com/BUZZ-Express-...9QMYN0BJE3Q6KW
    Yea. that does look like a nice rack. Sadly the link provided doesn't ship up to Canada. So I changed the amazon.com to amazon.ca and the price wonderfully jumps up to over $500. Ouch nope,

https://www.amazon.ca/BUZZ-Express-2...9QMYN0BJE3Q6KW

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Mec also has another swagman model for $165.

If you can, id Recommend spending more to get a more solid rack, it will last longer. After looking at several options, I bought the swagman quad 2+2 from mec. Seemed like a lot of money at the time, but have not regretted it. I figure if I take care of it, I could sell it for $300 easily.

Also, buy a pool noodle or some of that foam pipe insulation from Lowes or Home Depot to prevent scratching the top tube.

The mec comments note that the wheels can pop out of the tray on the cheaper versions, so maybe consider getting some Velcro ties to be sure this does not happen to you.
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad