Bike Rack For GMC Truck- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

New question here. Bike Rack For GMC Truck

I have a GMC Denali Crew Cap with a 2 inch hitch, weight capacity is no issue. I need to carry two bikes minimum. However, I don't want to deal with anything that has rubber straps to hold the bike's frame because I have found that most carriers have not fit my bikes frame well because of the rear shock and water bottle holder.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I Get bed mounts. You can cut a 2x10 the with of the bed. Set it in and then mount bike mounts to it. Otherwise I know Yakima has a hitch rack which holds the whole bike upright.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hey, I just ordered a set of these rain gutter brackets from a company called Summit Racks. Basically, itís a rain gutter bracket system that mounts to the bed rails of your pick up truck and allows you to install a standard rain gutter style rack system, so you can use whatever Thule or Yakima rack base and accessory you want. Iím plan to set mine up with a Yakima high-roller upright bike rack and possible add a cargo box for more gear storage.

Looks like you can install a bed cover over the brackets as well!

They also offer brackets for Toyota and Nissan trucks with cargo-management rails.

Hereís a link to the site.

http://www.summitracks.com/

code: mtbr2011
    the summit racks brackets are nice, and a good idea. i like how they work with a tonneau cover too.

i think the OP was looking at a hitch mount bike rack for 2 bikes that was a platform style rack, like the Kuat NV, or the Kuat Sherpa, Thule T2 or Yakima Holdup?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cracksandracks.com
    the summit racks brackets are nice, and a good idea. i like how they work with a tonneau cover too.

i think the OP was looking at a hitch mount bike rack for 2 bikes that was a platform style rack, like the Kuat NV, or the Kuat Sherpa, Thule T2 or Yakima Holdup?
    Or a Saris CycleOn. Nothing touches the frame or fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0