bike gear storage in vehicle- Mtbr.com
    Calm Like a Bomb

bike gear storage in vehicle

i mostly keep my bike gear (shin pads, helmets, gloves, shoes, etc...) in my suv but it's loose for the most part...wondering if anyone uses bins or has any organization ideas/solutions for storing bike gear in a vehicle...pics always welcome
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

https://www.instagram.com/jayparrington/

ballbuster

Duffel...

Quote Originally Posted by pipes10
    i mostly keep my bike gear (shin pads, helmets, gloves, shoes, etc...) in my suv but it's loose for the most part...wondering if anyone uses bins or has any organization ideas/solutions for storing bike gear in a vehicle...pics always welcome
    ... bag

I've also used those clear plastic tubs you can get at Home Depot for $7.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I use the trunk net in my car keeps it all from moving around.....trunk smells like a sweaty mountain biker though....

El Pollo Diablo
    back seat footwell.
    done and done!

Was that a Bobcat?
    I use a crate to keep my stuff together.

Aquaman
    Milk crate or one of those clear tubes from Wally world

Calm Like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by ffwlwhite
    Milk crate or one of those clear tubes from Wally world
    milk crate would be too small...i have my stuff plus my fiance's....so it looks like a clear bin would be good...was hoping for some typre of container that had different sections....i'll go out tomorrow and see what i can find....

i did find some nice storage for suv's...they were drawers that lay flat but the tops pull up as well...super $$$$ though

chinkerjuarez - my mountain bike gear smells way better than my hockey equipment...lol
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

Calm Like a Bomb
    picked up a 52.4qt/49.6L rubbermaid cleverlatch clear plastic bin today...i think it'll do..currently holding shin/knee pads, elbow/forearm pads, 2 helmets, 2 sets of gloves, camelback charm, dakine nomad, shoes, and may add my ff helmet in as well (with some rearranging)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

Who are the brain police?
    picked up a 52.4qt/49.6L rubbermaid cleverlatch clear plastic bin today...i think it'll do..currently holding shin/knee pads, elbow/forearm pads, 2 helmets, 2 sets of gloves, camelback charm, dakine nomad, shoes, and may add my ff helmet in as well (with some rearranging)

Yeah, one of those except the kind you can't see though. Nobody is tempted to steal what they can't see.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

Calm Like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    Yeah, one of those except the kind you can't see though. Nobody is tempted to steal what they can't see.
    yeah, it'll sit under the privacy cover so no one will be able to see it...just glad everything is tidy now...so is my fiance
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

NMBP
    I bought this bag at Performance, although I didn't see it online when I just checked. Shoes, helmet, gloves, glasses, radios, spare parts, spare clothing, extra food, it all fits. Seat and post are in shoe slots. I don't carry pads, but they would fit if I got rid of other stuff. I don't like anyone else to carry my gear bag because I don't want them to get hurt, and I am embarrassed at by much it weighs.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cardboard box

I use a cardboard box. I wouldn't put any that has sweated on in a closed container or bag because it's will get ranked.

Some bros here use a duffle like bag that looks like it made out of big fish nets. I think they got them at diving or fishing stores. Minimizes stuff getting ranked.

Calm Like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by racerzero
    I use a cardboard box. I wouldn't put any that has sweated on in a closed container or bag because it's will get ranked.

Some bros here use a duffle like bag that looks like it made out of big fish nets. I think they got them at diving or fishing stores. Minimizes stuff getting ranked.
    yeah i thought about things getting stinky and thought i would just air it out before i put it in (like i do with my hockey equipment)...then i also thought i could drill a few holes for vents
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

Who are the brain police?
    yeah, it'll sit under the privacy cover so no one will be able to see it...just glad everything is tidy now...so is my fiance
    A lost in translation moment? I really don't know...
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

Calm Like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    A lost in translation moment? I really don't know...
    this isn't a pic of my truck but it explains the privacy cover....i would put the bin in the trunk space of my suv and pull the privacy cover over the bx which would hide it from any passers by
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Something else that might help

I had a bugeye WRX and had a problem with driving it like crazy all over the place. I would occasionally hear all of my bike crap slide from one side of the car to the other and slam into the inside of the trunk.

I purchased some rubbermaid tubs and put velcro on the bottom to keep them in place. Worked like I charm though it did occasionally buckle the carpet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    yeah i thought about things getting stinky and thought i would just air it out before i put it in (like i do with my hockey equipment)...then i also thought i could drill a few holes for vents
    Here in the islands the dominant sport is surfing. Some times you see bikinis tied to the car antenna to dry out.

Members who have read this thread: 1