Bike cover for a wanker?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Bike cover for a wanker?

I know this is sort of silly, but here goes...

I've got a nice new bike, nicer than any other bike I've owned. Race bike...

I transport it via the rear cargo area when I'm solo, or via a rear hitch mount rack when I'm with the family/friends...

Anyone know of a protective cover to throw over the bike (when in the hitch rack) that protects it from the elements? Sort of like a car cover...

I know, the bike is going to get dirty on the trails, but I don't go 75 mph on the trails...

And yes, I realize, and even acknowledge, that I sound like a total duushbag asking this question...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

1946:2006:2066

for a wanker

that would be a condom
    "Be not afraid of going slowly but only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    the idea of using a grill cover has been thrown out there before. also having your brake lights visible has been brought up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGasPasser
    I know this is sort of silly, but here goes...

I've got a nice new bike, nicer than any other bike I've owned. Race bike...

I transport it via the rear cargo area when I'm solo, or via a rear hitch mount rack when I'm with the family/friends...

Anyone know of a protective cover to throw over the bike (when in the hitch rack) that protects it from the elements? Sort of like a car cover...

I know, the bike is going to get dirty on the trails, but I don't go 75 mph on the trails...

And yes, I realize, and even acknowledge, that I sound like a total duushbag asking this question...
    Two ways to look at a bike if you want to avoid "total duushbag" as you put it.

First it's realize they're consumables that wear out or have parts wear out. That means eat it up, grind on it, look at it like a meal. Did you buy a piece of custom art or something made in a factory?

Next, look at it like you're dating Miss America. I doubt you'd be covering her up and I'll bet you'd be on her with gusto at every chance you got.

Members who have read this thread: 1