Best place to get hitch (install too)?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Best place to get hitch (install too)?

Looking to get a hitch for an Acura RSX hatcback. Curious where folks are buying their hitches and where they're getting them installed?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Main choices is the Curt and Drawtite/Hidden hitch. I recommend the Curt hitch since the design is better and I'm a bit biased as well based on past experience.

For your RSX, the install is quite simple. Although it does not require any drilling, it isn't exactly a direct bolt on. It requires you to fish in a washer and bolt through an already pre-drilled hole.

https://www.curtmfg.com/masterlibrar...111540_INS.PDF

If you're planning on doing it yourself, make sure to have an extra fishwire (just in case one breaks) and a retractable magnet (if you lose the washer/bolt in the frame). Other than that, it shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes for a shop to install it. FYI, make sure either you or the installer use loc-tite on the bolt.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Thank you for the vehicle-specific info! (and noticed you're a fellow Ibis owner)

mtbr member
    I just bought my hitch last week from Trailer hitch, hitches and bike rack (800)298-8924. Excellent service, I ordered my hitch on Thursday and it was on my doorstep on Friday afternoon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Trailer hitch, hitches and bike rack (800)298-8924

and... on my car... did it on my driveway

Elitest thrill junkie
    I would just research and see what the estimated difficulty and time is. You can usually get a good idea from that. Usually the listed times are pipe-dreams, but you can get an idea by if it tells you to drill holes and do all sorts of other complex stuff. Obviously it will take a lot longer under those circumstances. Often two different hitches will have different installation procedures, one may be easier one harder. If you plan to just use it for a bike rack, that may allow for the simpler one, due to not having to really use it to tow stuff. Mine (not for an acura, but a sportscar) was an honest 45 minutes, not complex, and relatively easy. Some are not. U-haul is usually a decent option to get one put on. Avoid car dealers at ALL COSTS. They charge insane amounts for the factory hitch and installation.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Members who have read this thread: 0