Best deal on kuat nv ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Best deal on kuat nv ?

I have decided on a kuat nv and ready to buy, what's best deal on one that you guys know of? I have tried searching the forums ,but haven't had much luck and most post are out dated. Thanks for the help

code: mtbr2011
    Your forum sponsor - Cracks & Racks. Use the code under my username for extra savings, plus free shipping....
    We now have the NV in Black with Polished Chrome too.

Kuat NV 2 Bike Rack For Receiver Hitch With Built-In Repair Stand

mtbr member
    $448 shipped from REI shipped to REI if you know someone not using their dividend coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    $448 shipped from REI shipped to REI if you know someone not using their dividend coupon.
    Then you end up paying sales tax when you pick it up in the store...or have it shipped anywhere that they have a store location.

mtbr member
    That's with tax included.

Rack - $423.19
    Tax - $25.39
    In store p/u - Free
    Total - $448.58

Keep in mind, that's using the code SAVE20 to save 20% but I think you have to be a member to use the code. Can't hurt to try and see if you're not. Anyone that is a member can use the code up to April 13th. If you're not a member but know someone that is and they aren't using their code...So...it's not as convenient but does save some money if that interests you...plus the one year return policy is nice incase you don't end up liking the system.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Thanks guys, ill check them out

mtbr member
    REI has em on backorder and I don't even see the 2" hitch option showing up. Cracks and Racks has em in stock and is $476 with the discount code shipped to your door. I'm thinking I'm gonna pay the extra $30 and get it sooner. I'm terrified with my bike on top of my car in the wind Colorado has been having.

mtbr member
    Yeah, Cracks and Racks price is still really good. I was only giving a slightly cheaper option. It was available last night when I put it in the cart...guess others had the same idea. Looks like a nice carrier. I don't do hitch mount though, not yet anyways.

...and a sweet pair of Cracks & Racks bike socks to go with it (just put your sock size in the comments section at checkout)
    !!
    Quote Originally Posted by poonamibaxter View Post
    REI has em on backorder and I don't even see the 2" hitch option showing up. Cracks and Racks has em in stock and is $476 with the discount code shipped to your door. I'm thinking I'm gonna pay the extra $30 and get it sooner. I'm terrified with my bike on top of my car in the wind Colorado has been having.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I love my NV regardless of whether you go with C&R or REI, you will have a great product. That REI warranty is nice to have sometimes. Already used it on my damaged Thule.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cracksandracks.com View Post
    ...and a sweet pair of Cracks & Racks bike socks to go with it (just put your sock size in the comments section at checkout)
    !!
    WHAT???? Why didn't I get this primo sock deal????

There's nothing I like better than a nice rack and a pair of socks.
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

I'll hook a brother up...PM me your name and sock size, and I will dig up your order and send you a pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    WHAT???? Why didn't I get this primo sock deal????

There's nothing I like better than a nice rack and a pair of socks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Scott, I've seen the "bike stand" attachment sold as a separate item in my LBS. Any idea if this will be an option in the black and chrome finish for NV Core owners that may want to accessorize our racks?

the Trail doc isn't available anymore as a retrofit for other platform racks...only as a spare part, and the NV Core was never designed to carry the trail doc. I can't answer with 100% conviction, but I don't think I'd hold my breath on this mod coming from Kuat.

mtbr member
    Got mine today in Black.

And folded up sans bike

Pics of socks by request only

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I used C&R 2 years ago for my NV extension. Fantastic Co. to work with.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Did know they made it in black. Looks good.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Looks like REI have dropped Kuat. I see no reference to any of their products. Just as I was about to use my 20% and dividend.

Also love the way BackCountry/Competitive blocks using my 15% Off coupon on pretty much everything by listing almost all of their stuff as 4% off. Maybe I can get 15% tire levers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    REI appears to still offer Kuat racks through online ordering. Do a search for Kuat on the REI web site and it will pull up the rack offerings. REI has no stock on hand, but things can be backordered. You might be able to use your coupon and dividends, if you are willing to wait until REI can order the rack for you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Scott, do you offer Kuat accessories and/or spare parts, or are they only offered through Kuat? I didn't notice them on your web site. I'm possibly interested in the hitch lock and bicycle lock kit.

NV owners, do you find/trust the integrated bike locks to be worthwhile to secure your bikes on long trips?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Ah - yes for a few days there was nothing shown for "Kuat" search. Thanks!!

Now they're back - but the only NV option shown for any type of ordering (or backordering) is the 1-1/4" black option which is shown as out of stock. They don't list any 2" options. Perhaps in-store they could figure it out. Just one day left on the discount. Although I'd still get 10% dividend after expiry. I've got a Bighorn 4 so can wait.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by desertred View Post
    NV owners, do you find/trust the integrated bike locks to be worthwhile to secure your bikes on long trips?
    Stumbled on this thread as I'm looking for an NV add on (got it for $300 from competitive cyclist, UPS lost it, CC is out of stock now) and noticed no one answered your question.

I feel safe with it for short stops like running into a store real quick. Not so much if I was away for a long while or it was out of eye sight.

It's just a cable lock after all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I'm the same way. I always park where it can be seen. I do have a 2nd lock I can run through but if they can cut the first one the second isn't going to slow the thrives down very much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sir Shreds-A-Lot
    i got my sherpa from cracks n racks, using the coupon code it came out to be a really good deal