Best 1.25 hitch mount- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017

Best 1.25 hitch mount

Okay guys Oh, I thought I was sold on the Kuat and then I started reading reviews on the 1up hitch rack. Open to other brands.....So now disregard the post right below this one . My fear probably with any of them is wiggle room on a one and a quarter inch hitch. Maybe that is unavoidable. Here are my parameters that I would like to see in this hitch.... I will be transporting 1-2 bikes at a time. Some are mountain bikes 27 .5 plus, a multitude of 26in mountain bikes, beach bikes with 3 inch tires, men's and ladies . While my hitch is 1.25 I would like the ability down the road they able to use a 2". That is not an absolute but that would be nice. I also would like something easy to installing remove from my car. I will not be leaving the rack as I have cramped quarters in my garage. And input appreciated thanks very much

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I use a Saris Superclamp. Lightest one made. Works for 1 1/4" and has an adapter for 2". Simple and quick to put on and take off. Bikes load effortlessly. Have driven thousands of miles on long trips with no issues over the five years I've had it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    The kuat's have a ton of features and look nice, but they fall apart. They have a great warranty and good customer service but I still don't think they are worth it. I have the thule t2 pro which I am a big fan of. The Saris racks are nice and work just fine, but they aren't the same quality as Thule in my experience, although I don't have any experience with their newest generation of racks. The thule you can buy an adapter and it will size up to a 2" rack, but it maxes out at 2 bikes. If you look around for sales or for used racks you can find the Thule T2 Pro (not the new XT t2 pro) for ~175$+

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagante View Post
    Okay guys Oh, I thought I was sold on the Kuat and then I started reading reviews on the 1up hitch rack. Open to other brands.....So now disregard the post right below this one . My fear probably with any of them is wiggle room on a one and a quarter inch hitch. Maybe that is unavoidable. Here are my parameters that I would like to see in this hitch.... I will be transporting 1-2 bikes at a time. Some are mountain bikes 27 .5 plus, a multitude of 26in mountain bikes, beach bikes with 3 inch tires, men's and ladies . While my hitch is 1.25 I would like the ability down the road they able to use a 2". That is not an absolute but that would be nice. I also would like something easy to installing remove from my car. I will not be leaving the rack as I have cramped quarters in my garage. And input appreciated thanks very much
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I have had a 1-Up for 5+ years now and it rocks. It's heavy so can be a PITA to remove, but not bad. Very sturdy and minimal movement, I have the 1.25" version. Easy to adjust the bars for various wheel sizes, I keep a 10mm open end wrench in my car to do this, it takes 1 min.

Not sure what you mean when you say "wiggle room" but the 1-Up is probably the most solid options available. Its not wigglin' much with two 35 lbs bikes on it.....