Best 1.25 Hitch Mount for 1-2 bikes on a budget- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Best 1.25 Hitch Mount for 1-2 bikes on a budget

Looking to get something for my Acura RSX with a 1.25 hitch.

Will mainly be carrying only my bike (2011 Giant Trance X3) and occasionally my sons Rockhopper 24"
    My trips will be short and usually no highways so Im thinking I can get away with something cheap.

Can you point me in the direction of something usable in the $100 range. I see lots of things for $60 but cant believe they could hold up well. But they must work right?
    Im searching local CL and E bay for a deal on a nice rack but am wondering if something like this can get me through until then.

https://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2-BIKE-CAR-...item3365f9563f

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    This is looking good for the price ($68 and free shipping) and the fact that I can have it shipped to my local Wal mart and inspect it before pickup.
    Anyone have experience with this one?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Allen-522...i_sku=14237424

mtbr member
    Hey there-
    That's almost the exact one I use on my Jeep (the first pictures). Mine is an old Rhode Gear with the same drop down mechanism. I've used it for about nine years now with no problems. Use it on all the long trips, too.
    Now that I looked at it closer, the only difference is that my pads for the frame are black instead of red.
    I've routinely carried two bikes on it, and it's held up just fine.
    What I did for mine, though, is remove the bottom bolt on the arm (for the tilt action), and use two quick release pins. Then, I just keep the L shaped bar in the hitch at all times and leave the rack in the back of the jeep when not in use.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I know the Swagman xc2 is 30 over your 100 budget, but it's definately worth looking at. I'm really happy with mine, and carry a Reign X, and a spec hardrock with it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrider1
    I know the Swagman xc2 is 30 over your 100 budget, but it's definately worth looking at. I'm really happy with mine, and carry a Reign X, and a spec hardrock with it.
    After my other two options did not work out i came across the swagman and am getting ready to order for $145 shipped is that about the best price and how do you like it quality wise ? Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    i like it a lot. It's no thule t2, but it is well built, and does not sway at all and really easy to use, install, and remove when i'm done using it. I got mine from etrailer.com had them price match streetsideauto.com for 133.50 with free shipping. Hope this helps. I'll post up a pic once i get it uploaded.

JT

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Bought a great thule 4 bike rack at the authority today on sale for $149 and got a $25 gift card credit i can use in a week.

My hitch comes tomorrow so I will post pics as soon as its all together.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Standupnfall; 03-16-2011 at 05:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider
    After my other two options did not work out i came across the swagman and am getting ready to order for $145 shipped is that about the best price and how do you like it quality wise ? Thanks
    Good quality, I have one and it's pretty solid. There is some wobbling, but the bikes aren't going anywhere.

Members who have read this thread: 0