Bed Rack ideas for 06 DBL Cab Tacoma- Mtbr.com
    Death By Snoo Snoo

Bed Rack ideas for 06 DBL Cab Tacoma

Hello, just wondering if anyone can suggest a rack system (home made or manufactured) that will hold up 3-4 FR/DH bikes in the bed. We currently use ratchet tie downs but that is pain in the a$$. I was thinking about getting one of those steel bike holders that they have in bike stores and rigging it to bed but if someone else has come up with an easy way of carry in 3-4 FR/DH bikes propped up in the bed please let me know. I also have a T2 that i can use in the hitch but bed rack system would be preferred. Oh and the truck is a short bed so I cannot use the Instagator from thule since I must have my gate down. Thanks.

Death By Snoo Snoo

nevermind... found this in the search

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=223863

i like the PVC one and http://www.scbikeracks.com/detail.php but i am not sure if it will fit the bed... the wheels start right at the back of the bed so it is pretty narrow back there.

keepin' it rural

PVC rocks!!

i made the PVC rack for my chevy S-10, and it works awesome!! i made mine for three bikes. the only changes i made, was to make it smaller so i could fit it in the front of my truck bed instead of the back, and i put the bikes in by the front wheel instead of the back. when you put it in by the back wheel you have to put the bike in big big so the derailleur clears on most bikes, but my moment still didnt clear the PVC so i just put it in front first and its stable enough to keep it up even on the rough roads. (granted the bed on my S-10 is perfect cause its short enough so it kinda snugs the bike into the rack so i dont even have to use tie downs or bungee cords, even though i do when i take more than a couple of miles)

Members who have read this thread: 0