Anyone using a Pontiac Vibe roof rack?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone using a Pontiac Vibe roof rack?

I've never seen a Vibe with bikes on the roof rack. Anyone has one? Because the tracks are kind of short I was wondering if you can use bike adapters that you keep both wheels on like the Thule Sidearm? Thanks

Sweep the leg!
    a couple I know carries their bikes (2 bikes) on their Vibe's rack. I gave them my old Saris rack parts 4 years or so ago and they've been happy ever since. they remove the front wheels though... check with your LBS for proper fitment of the Thule.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yes I've seen one with the front wheels off and the fit was good but my Thule Sidearm are designed to keep both wheels on, I think it will work, it's just strange that I've never seen one because those car are pretty popular.

Rollin' a fatty Moderator
    I saw one using the factory rack and Hammerhead fork mount trays, seems to get the job done.

mtbr member

Been using one since 2002

The original Yakima design was to use 2 pairs of Lowriders. This puts the bars very close together and you have to put fork mounted carriers on backward. I asked Yakima about using Q-Towers on the front and Lowriders on the back and they said they were testing.

A year or so later they started supporting Q-Clips/towers on the front. This setup is much better. You can run most any carrier you want. I even use a cargo box on occasion. I also continued to use a 3rd crossbar with lowriders. I could attach wheel forks to it.

The biggest probelm is the weight restriction. You aren't supposed to go over 75lbs.

I don't know anything about how to fit a Thule, Saris, sportsworks, etc. on a Vibe.

As a side note, a reciever hitch bolts right on to a Vibe. Easy DIY. I've got one of those too when I need to carry a lot of bikes or stuff.

Members who have read this thread: 0